+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain on Outside of Hip on Incision Site?  (Read 5556 times)

KevinLHitt

Pain on Outside of Hip on Incision Site?
« on: December 14, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »
3 months, 1 week post-op. Took a spill and had to catch myself. Felt pain on the outside of my hip immediately (has lasted 2 weeks). I have zero pain in the joint.  However, it still feels really weird.  Can anyone help?

sharleen

Re: Pain on Outside of Hip on Incision Site?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 08:50:23 AM »
Hi Kevin - I did something similar to you. Apparently if you have done anything serious you would feel the pain deep inside where your BHR was inserted (joint) in my case I had severe bruising and muscle issues which were apparent on my outer thigh. I could actually touch where it hurt. if in doubt. Definitely call your surgeon's office.
Sharleen

hernanu

Re: Pain on Outside of Hip on Incision Site?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:15:02 AM »
Hey Kevin, sharleen gave you good counsel. Call your surgeon, see what he or she thinks.

Having said that, your hip is still recovering, it probably aggravated some of the soft tissue involved in the resurface. Check with the surgeon to clear your mind, but most likely there's no issue.

I got into a car crash at four months, rear ended by an octogenarian while stopped at a light. The car was hit so hard that I had to stand on the brake on my newly resurfaced leg to keep from plowing into the cars in front of me. My rear end was lifted off the ground.

No long term impact, although I did the right things - talk to the surgeon, calm my mind and keep an eye on the thing until I and it calmed down.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat