+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Aches and pains..  (Read 2827 times)

phill_will

Aches and pains..
« on: January 02, 2014, 05:04:30 PM »
Hi there,

I've now reached the 4 month post-op mark, but recently have started to get some pain again in my groin (which was what I had before the operation)... is this common?

I've had a number of issues during my recovery and I'm worried because I'm starting to question whether it's worked completely... to note, at my 3 month check up my consultant was very happy with my x-ray, so I may be worrying for nothing.

And also, I find it painful to still sleep on my right side; at this stage is this normal, and if so when should it subside?

Thanks for your help!

oldsoccerplayer

Re: Aches and pains..
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 07:27:08 PM »
I'm about a month beyond you and still feel tweaks and twinges in different places. I'll be sore somewhere for a couple of days then it subsides and then I feel soreness somewhere else. I think it's because sometimes without even knowing it you're moving differently as time goes on.  If it isn't persistent I don't think it's cause for concern.
Post-op anxiety is a common thread; when you experience aches and pains you worry about the implant. In your case I'd trust the surgeon.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

whyme

Re: Aches and pains..
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 09:40:33 PM »
Hi, I just posted my 4 month report, http://surfacehippy.info/hiptalk/hip-stories/left-resurfacing-conserve-plus-with-dr-de-smet/20/, and as yourself I've some groin discomfort (I wouldn't call it pain) with hip flexion (walking, x-trainer, static bike not a problem, though) and also difficulties to sleep on the operated side.

Left hip resurfacing (Conserve Plus) 2013-09-04
Dr. De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Re: Powerplate Use by BilateralRecerf
April 21, 2024, 10:34:10 AM