+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: My approach  (Read 1678 times)

whyme

My approach
« on: January 14, 2014, 08:21:16 PM »
Pat I see you closed the DAA thread before I could post my view. As my contribution was going to be a bit ironic, in the hope to defuse the situation, I'll post it here. But no hard feelings if you decide it's not worth :)

Apart from the facts that Pat highlighted, that Beagleguddy should be taking into consideration, I'll use an analogy with a currently running big sporting event :-)

Let's say you'd like to win the Australian Open 2014 (= successful HR surgery), and you're trying to find not the best player (= best surgeon) but instead a list of players that hit the backhand single handed (= direct anterior approach) because your research tells you this stroke is the most beautiful.
Pat and others tell you 'well, the majority of top players, the ones who win tournaments day in and day out do not use the single handed backhand anyway', but you still want that list. I can give you some names: Federer, Wawrinka, but you want the full list, for example Gasquet who has the most aesthetic of all the single backhand players, and other obscure names.
Well, the odds is none of them is going to win this year (ha ha ha).

The question is: do you want to win the tournament? If you do, then choose the players with the best chances (Djokovic, Nadal, Murray, Del Potro, Ferrer, Tsonga, ...) , and let them play their game.

I'd say you won't convince them to change their backhand, and you can't say they don't know what they are talking about...

Maybe the single backhand is the best on paper, but the reality is what it is.

:)

Left hip resurfacing (Conserve Plus) 2013-09-04
Dr. De Smet

whyme

Re: My approach
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 08:24:17 PM »
And, someone tells you your research was based on doubles players (=THR), but singles is very different :)
Left hip resurfacing (Conserve Plus) 2013-09-04
Dr. De Smet

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:26:50 PM »
 :)
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Juno

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:22:23 AM »
Whyme --- I just want to say I love your analogy (being a big tennis buff!) :)
Right resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 7/11/13
Left resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 12/11/13

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat