+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: SUP with THR  (Read 9061 times)

bjk123

SUP with THR
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:31:18 PM »
march 29th I had my minimally invasive THR by Dr Stephen Murphy at the New England Baptist Hospital.  Best thing I ever did!  I turned 40 in July and bought myself 2 Stand Up Paddleboards.  I have always wanted to try them and finally borrowed a friends for 10 minutes and was hooked!  I did it all summer long and for the first time in my life I was not afraid to do something new.  With the minimally invasive surgery, you have no limitations, so you can do any activity as quickly as you feel comfortable.  I limped for a while but think that was because of my compensating for so many years of pain.  Anyway I would say, coming up on a year since my surgery, that I am at probably 90% healed.  Still have a big divot in my hip at the scar, and sleeping is not comfortable.  I notice the less i do the more I ache.  You have to stay busy and active.  Also I sometime feel a heaviness, but was assured by the doctor it would all feel better by the one year mark.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:14:48 AM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: SUP with THR
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 08:16:20 AM »
Thanks for your story.  I am glad you are doing well.  Although the website is for hip resurfacing, I am happy for THR patients to post too.  Sometimes, we do have to have THRs and it is nice to know you can be active and out of pain with that solution.

Good Luck and let us know how you are doing on your 2nd anniversary!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Some Dude

Re: SUP with THR
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 01:36:19 AM »
I notice the less i do the more I ache.  You have to stay busy and active. 

That's what I have found as well. "Wait a second, not only do I have to get in shape, I have to stay in shape ?"    :o  :) :)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear