+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ankle swollen  (Read 2512 times)

catfan

Ankle swollen
« on: February 11, 2014, 03:02:29 AM »
7 months ago I had my left hip resurfed with a great deal of success, so 1 week ago I had my right hip resurfed.   So far the recovery for my 2nd surgery is far behind my first surgery, but I understand things would be different.  With the second surgery I am in a LOT more pain, and I just noticed late last night my ankle on side operated on is swollen pretty bad.  I did not do anything to it, and had followed the doctors instructions 100% on what I can\cannot do. 

I will be calling my doctor first thing in the morning, but has anyone ever experienced a swollen ankle after hip resurfing?

Thanks

China Lady

Re: Ankle swollen
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 04:41:05 AM »
sometimes a swollen part of the leg can be a sign for thrombosis. please contact your doc and I wish you luck!
..... I will find out

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 03:39:20 PM »
You're still very early, but like China Lady says, you want to be aware of and eliminate things like blood clots. Most likely it's not a problem, but enough of us have had an issue, it doesn't hurt to be your own best advocate.

I'd call the doctor and tell them what is going on.

Did you get TEDS socks or aspirin, or ... ? what treatment did you get to deal with blood clots?
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

catfan

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 05:30:21 PM »
My doctor sent me to the hospital today for a 'ultra sound' on my leg to make sure no blood clots.  Good news there were no blood clots -  Bad news no answers as to why my ankle (leg) is swelling up at this point.

Since the surgery I have been self-injecting LOVENOX once a day to thin my blood out, so I did not think I had a blood clot (better safe than sorry).

At this point I need to keep my leg elevated to have reduce swelling, and I go back to doctor on Monday for further review.

HowieF-16

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 08:27:29 PM »
Hi Catfan, I am just 5 weeks out and had plenty of swelling throughout my leg for a good couple of weeks.  I was wearing my TEDS during the day only and not at night and then after my wife got on my case, I started wearing them 24 hrs and that reduced the swelling within a couple of days.  I had the full leg length TEDS.  Hope things improve for you.  I have only had one hip resurfaced, so I had nothing to compare it with, however I do know every surgery is different.  Good luck.
RBHR, Dr. Raterman, 1-8-14

grapesintx

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 02:21:29 PM »
My surgery was three weeks ago and I had some ankle swelling too.  I think between week one and  two it was the most swollen...about the time the swelling was going down in my hip area.  Just needed to elevate.
RHR Biomet Tri-Spike Magnum 50/44  Dr Gross  1/22/14

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal