+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Blood Clots  (Read 10032 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Blood Clots
« on: June 20, 2008, 09:16:21 PM »
There are not any blood clot posts yet, so I thought I would make a few comments.

Blood clots after hip surgery are very real possible problems.  That is why most doctors use some type of prevention from taking an asprin, to wearing TEDS and taking heprin shots.  Here are 3 good articles about blood clot prevention  http://www.surfacehippy.info/bloodclotinfo.php

I read stories about several really serious blood clot problems in the last 3 years.  They were after the patient was home, then felt terrible.  It ended in a tirp to the ER and they almost lost their life.  If they had ignored the pain and problem, they could have died.

So the moral of the story is - blood clots are real problems that don't happen very often,  but if you have really bad pain, swelling, reddness - just plain feel terribly sick - go to your ER if you had surgery recently.  It is better to be safe than sorry.

I hope we never have another story posted here about blood clots since they don't happen very often.

Pat
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 09:45:18 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

flagg52

Re: Blood Clots
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 08:14:55 AM »
hi pat,i'm new to the forum ,i'd like to hear from any members who have had the same trouble as me..in 2005 i had my first hip replacement 2 days after the operation i was given a blood transfusion,i felt very unwell and vomited straight away,i was discharged 2 days later still feelng unwell,3 days after discharge my leg had swelled up to a massive size and had turned purple,i was rushed back into a/e but they could not identify what the problem was so was sent home,my leg stay swelled and purple for a long time but gradually went down,i felt very unwell for over 2 years until i had to get another hip replacement on my other leg..the second operation seemed to be completly differant from the first werein they did'nt allow me to eat and gave me lots of plasma and injections in my stomach,i put a lot of weight on over 2 days but felt a lot better.if anyone has had the same thing happen to them or know what happened to me i  would be very greatful to hear from them..thankyou in advance..regards mark..

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear