+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: An odd news story about a surgeon  (Read 2922 times)

Two4One

Re: An odd news story about a surgeon
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:44:57 AM »
"Federal investigators say [an orthopedic surgeon specializing in hip replacement] often slapped anesthetized patients on the buttocks and insulted them before surgery." - http://www.newsday.com/news/region-state/michael-clarke-syracuse-surgeon-accused-of-slapping-sleeping-patients-feds-say-1.7625584
Wow, halfdone!  I know surgeons indulge in harmless dark humor all the time, but THIS is seriously uncool!  I mean, this Ortho is flatly dehumanizing his patients.  No Bueno!

You have done the Hippie community a solid.  Thank you.

2 For
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:47:54 AM by Two4One »
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:38:34 AM »
Wow. I was always looking after the surgery to inspect the incision, so I'm pretty sure no hand or foot prints. Yikes!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

kimberly52

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to follow up on this post. I am a patient of Dr. Clarke and have been following this story since the beginning.  At this point in time no charges have been filed, only accusations.  I ask that people not judge the man until he is actually charged with something.  Having worked in the healthcare field I do know that certain individuals take issue with some docs and do make many accusations that never go any further than to accuse.

We have a few docs under investigation in my hometown in syracuse, NY and one who is my former bosses husband was accused of padding his pay and forced to resign as president of our medical university.  Again, accusations and nothing ever came to fruition and the man is now back to work at the university after much scandal.  Much of the media hype behind the stories of these docs tends to fizzle out with nothing coming to fruition.

I truly hope that Dr. Clarke did not do what the media states that he did because he is a brilliant surgeon.  I will continue to be his patient until such time he is found guilty.  He has always treated me with the utmost respect going so far as to shake my hand when greeting me and actually sitting down to talk to me giving me his full undivided attention which is more than I can say for many other docs I have seen in the past.

One more thing I need to note.  I was totally mistreated at the hospital where I had my resurface done and lodged multiple formal complaints against the hospital.  Dr. Clarke also took serious issue with my lack of treatment and said he would formally complain.  One thing he said to me that possibly people at that facility took issue with is that he told me he has no trouble ruffling a few feathers there when it comes to quality if care for his patients.  With this comment I like to believe that I am not the only patient under his care that he took issue with the hospital's treatment and possibly some people may be seeking retribution against him. 

Dr. Clarke is now practicing at a different facility and that I am thankful fir because when I need the second hip done, I shudder to think of ever going back to that hospital.
LBHR 4/6/13
42/44
Dr. Michael Clarke

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz