+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any information on Dr. Hozack?  (Read 4050 times)

Ed in PA

Any information on Dr. Hozack?
« on: June 26, 2008, 10:55:55 PM »
I'm a newbie in search of a resurfacing Doc in Pennsylvania.  I see there is a Dr Hozack at the Rothman Institute in Philadelphia whos has done 150 resurfacings.  Does anyone have any experience or information on Dr Hozack or the Rothman Institute?

Thanks,

Ed in PA   

bciam

Re: Any information on Dr. Hozack?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:38:37 AM »
Hi Ed,

I just received a resurfacing from Dr. Hozak on Monday.  I was his second of that particular day the other was on a 51 yr. old male. 

So far things are going great.  No problems with the Doc except he seems to be stretched pretty thin, in other words I did not get alot of face time with him, although that might be because I was not a very difficult case.  I wouldn't say that he is a staunch advocate of resurfacing at least not when I initially consulted with him back in February.  Don't get me wrong though, he was on-board with the procedure at the time.  From what I understand he has done quite a number of resurfacings since February as they are growing in popularity due to the information that is out there (Thanks Pat !), so he may be more of an advocate by now.  I did not get the impressions that he was a "bait and switch" doc, just that he didn't  go out of his way to suggest resurfacing.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.  Hope this helps.

-Brian

Hitman

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 06:06:29 AM »
I'm a 45 year old male with OA in my right hip. I just had my initial appointment with Dr. Hozack last week.  I agree, he does not push for BHR.  He concentrated on the upside to THR instead, during our meeting.  He said that leg length is an issue with BHR, whereas with a THR, the leg length could be easily manipulated.  He also said that doctors are backing off the BHR lately.  By no means did he try to talk me out of a BHR, however.  He would perform either surgery.  He said that the 'carpentry' wasn't that much difffernet. I  met with another, younger doctor before Dr. Hozack.  This doctor was very pro-THR and hightly suggested that I opt for that procedure.  I'm going for a 2nd opinion with Dr. Feldman in NJ.     - Mike

dw

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »
If you're in NJ, you may want to consider Dr Su at HSS in NYC.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear