+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Groin pain????  (Read 4148 times)

GreenHills

Groin pain????
« on: September 22, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »
I'm at about 7 months after surgery and I think it is going extremely well.  This weekend I did a few squats, which I've never attempted to do yet since the surgery.  Today and last night, I have some muscle pain right in my groin where my leg meets my private area.  It is sort of a "throb" and it is mild and then goes away.  Best way I can explain it - like a real short muscle spasm.

Does anyone have any similar quirks?  Is this something possibly from doing my squats and I shouldn't push myself any further?  Be interested to know if anyone else has ever felt this, in that area.  And also how far along (post-op) were you when this happened?
Thanks

oldsoccerplayer

Re: Groin pain????
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 06:30:24 AM »
Sounds familiar... I found (and still find) squats among the most challenging moves. At over a year out, I've adopted the 'if it hurts, don't do it' approach. Back off a bit, let the pain subside then try again, but only a gentle squat with no additional weights. Keep going until you start feeling discomfort, then stop. Over time you'll be able to go deeper and add weights, but take it slowly.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

ahausheer

Re: Groin pain????
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 03:44:41 AM »
To add to an old topic - I am at the 5 month mark and had been doing fairly well but still clearly recovering.  I guess I over did some stretching or something, and also developed groin pain, perhaps a 3-4 or maybe even a 5 pain wise.  It radiated all the way down my inner thigh to the knee.

I took it easy, iced it, and it went away after 2-3 weeks.  So for anyone else with setbacks don't get discouraged, they happen and will almost certainly get better.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear