+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Unethical Surgeons  (Read 1869 times)

siamac

Unethical Surgeons
« on: July 04, 2008, 04:19:08 PM »
An article in the June 23rd edition of the Boston Globe quoted several area surgeons bad mouthing hip resurfacing. That was my experience too, when I was exploring my options last year. Two of the most prominent surgeons in Boston actually gave me deliberately misleading information about hip resurfacing (I know that they knew fully well what the new procedure is, but they presented it to me as the procedure that had been done and failed at some hospitals over 25 years ago). I have written to the Globe to correct the issue, but doubt it will get published.

I am now wondering if there is actually an institution, government or otherwise, that investigates this kind of practice by physicians, which I believe is totally unethical. I would be happy to report these surgeons.

By the way, I had my resurfacing performed by Dr Mont in Baltimore; probably the best medical decision I have ever made!

Regards.

Big Bill

Re: Unethical Surgeons
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 12:30:52 AM »
Good for you to do your homework--Great post ....let us  know if you need any further support to target the unethical Drs. out there... but let us focus on the positive!!!  My opinion is that they are not willing to learn more about a procedure that can change a persons life! Best of luck with your new hip !

Big Bill

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Unethical Surgeons
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »
Hi Siamac

Welcome to Hip Talk.  Thanks for the post. It is very difficult for patients to know what is up to date and sometimes receive truthful information.

That is one of the reasons that I devote my time to this website.  The internet is a powerful tool for patients that want to learn.  Sometimes the information is not always correct, but at least it is a tool to start a person thinking and doing some research.

We help each other here and share information.  Unfortunatly not everyone knows about the patient to patient websites.  I always encourage as many people as possible to post their personal stories and information about their surgeons.  That is a great way for others to learn who support hip resurfacing.

Thanks again for posting.  I hope that you will stay and help others to learn more.  Yes, Dr. Mont is an excellent surgeon and has many happy patients. Do you have a personal story you would like me to post on the website about your hip resurfacing?  Just send it to me  pwalter@surfacehippy.info

Thanks again for stopping by posting on Hip Talk.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat