+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: popping in BHR?  (Read 2515 times)

dgm

popping in BHR?
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:29:40 PM »
I have a question about a "popping feeling" that I have occasionally in my new BHR.  I am almost 5 months post-surgery and sometimes feel a slight popping, no actual noise or pain, but enough of a popping sensation that I notice.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks!  Denise
RBHR 2/14/08 Dr. Rogerson

bciam

Re: popping in BHR?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 01:31:31 PM »
Denise,

I am only 2-1/2 weeks out but I have the same thing.  I had noticed elsewhere on this site where it was discussed by a few others, I think it was in the recovery section.  I believe that someone had asked their surgeon who said something to the effect that it was either soft tissue or muscles and/or tendons still being a little loose.  Did you ask your doc ?  I will ask mine when I see him at the end of the month.

-Brian

dgm

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 04:39:02 PM »
Thanks for your reply - I will check the recovery section too.  I'm scheduled for my 6 month visit in August so I'll ask then too.
Denise

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 05:20:08 PM »
Hi

I call it clunking, but I imagine it is the same thing you are experiencing.  I had it quite a bit in the first few months. Dr. De Smet said it was because the muscles were loose around the new hip.  It was just like a loose bearing.  There is more space between the femur cap and acetabular cup - so there is a little movement.  I had it for a long time.   I am 2 years post op and still get it a little bit sometimes when I am sitting and shift my weight.

Some also say it is due to the ligaments rubbing on the new hip device.

Many people have it and it normally causes no pain.  You muscles are really stretched out when they dislocate your leg, so it takes them quite awhile to get back into shape.

Here is an explanation by Dr. De Smet  http://www.surfacehippy.info/faqclunkinginhip.php

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

dgm

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 01:24:58 PM »
Thanks for the link, Pat.  That puts my mind at ease! 

As always, thanks for sharing your vast knowledge and resources before and after surgery.  Denise

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat