+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: ladies what did you wear in the hospital post-op?  (Read 2352 times)

ahershberger

ladies what did you wear in the hospital post-op?
« on: July 13, 2008, 01:03:32 PM »
Ladies:
What is recommended to wear as you are recuperating in the hospital?   I will be in Aug.4-8 and thought I'd bring some shorts.  Anybody have suggestions that seemed to work well?
AHershberger

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: ladies what did you wear in the hospital post-op?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 02:38:45 PM »
Hi

I was in the hospital in the winter so I had some warm up pants that snapped on the sides.  Easy to get in and out of and the nylon was slippery. That way you can rotate on your bed or even car seat easily.

Just make sure whatever you choose is large.  Your hip will probalby be swollen and tender. You don't want anything tight on it.

Shorts, warm up pants - whatever you feel comfortable in. Shoes that slip on and off easily.

Take what you feel most comfortable in.  No one will much care what you look like since you are in for surgery and hopefully a quick recovery.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

CITY2SOUTH

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 01:11:56 AM »
I wore shirt dresses. (sun/beach dresses) They were awesome and easy to get on and of then shorts.
Also by some sleepers with good traction because you will be walking around hallways giving your new hip a try.

Good Luck!
Lisa
Lisa Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/ 6-23-08

hollyk

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
I planned to wear other things but stayed in hospital gown, tied up tight when walking the halls! I brought loose shorts to wear home..good luck!

takilasunrise

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 02:29:16 PM »
I stayed in my hospital gown the whole time as well.  I actually wore two of them.  The second one I wore like a robe (to cover up the back-side!).  The thought of trying to change was definitely out of the picture for the first couple of days.  I was even wearing their dumb "underwear", but I really didn't care!  The last day I changed into loose fitting sweat pants, my underwear and a loose fitting sweatshirt.  I also had bought some slip on (mule type) slippers with an outdoor sole on them.  I guess it depends where you live and what the weather is.  It was January here in WI with snow on the ground.  I guess you could always wear flip flops if the weather is right!  Not that I really want to admit this, but, I used the "real" toilet in my hospital room after I had changed into my clothes.  I didn't quite pull my bottoms down far enough (since I was just starting to get around on my own and dealing with the walker) so when I sat down to "go" I, um, partially got them wet.  I had to call my husband, who was already on his way up, to stop back home to grab me some more undies and pants, so.........you might want to bring an extra set, just in case!  Good luck!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »
Hi Marni

Great honesty.  We do goofy things after surgery and are still groggy.  Life is so different than it normally is.  Fortunately, we get over it pretty fast in most cases.

Hope everything is going well for you.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Annatrk

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 06:43:21 PM »
Yes, I bought stretchy shorts, etc.  I never put on real clothes until it was time to go home.  Save your clothes for home.  The hospital gowns are fine for the short time you are there!
Anna

ginnie

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »
I took a couple cotton night gowns that I washed in hot water and bleach (cant be to conservative about the staff germs) I also took a skirt and blouse. anything I could slip over my head and not have to pull up from the ground. dont worry about shoes to much, they will have you walking around in teds and these little skid free socks.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear