+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: post op rubber hip  (Read 2240 times)

nbb

post op rubber hip
« on: June 08, 2015, 08:32:52 PM »
I hope someone can calm my fears.  I am two weeks out tomorrow.  I am a 46yo woman and I believe I have a 40-42mm implant.  I came onto the site tonight because my hip has felt a little loose today.  I called the surgeon office and described it.  They were not concerned.  There is no pain, just a wierd rubber feeling of looseness.  I don't think it is dislocated.  Imagine my anxiety when I saw the news release from Smith and Nephew pulling components less than 46.

Can anyone help me feel better.  I am really anxious!  I do have a post op visit on Wednesday so I can certainly follow up with my concerns then but in the meantime..not liking my current position.

MattJersey

Re: post op rubber hip
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 02:20:25 AM »
Sounds like you're feeling the clunking, snapping, clicking wobbles etc that are fairly normal. If it was dislocated it would be very painful.

Have you been doing the prescribed exercises or work with a physiotherapist? Those will work to tighten up.

I hope you get the reassurance you seek on Wednesday.
28 April 2015, RBHR Mr McMinn

einreb

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:55:23 AM »
Two weeks out is so very early in the process, things will change and the lack of pain is a great indicator that you shouldn't be overly concerned.

40yo at the time of my 2/16/2011 left hip uncemented Biomet resurface with Tri Spike Acetabular cup by Gross

karlos.bell

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 08:09:50 AM »
Hi nbb. All good. Its normal. Mine are doing that as well. To be expected as they ligaments, Muscles are a bit upset. No pain. cheers K
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 07:56:46 AM »
I would take it in stride, especially since you've talked to your doctor.

It's easy to worry about it, but as was said, it's so early on right now. You've had major surgery, the entire area needs to heal and come together.

You'll feel many things, call your doctor as you did when worried, check in here and just go on. Sounds like par for the course, I felt the same way on both of mine. Things tighten up eventually.

Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

nbb

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:46 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement. I had my post op appointment last Wednesday and the X-ray looked textbook, they said.  I started outpatient PT today to the realization that my glutes have been sleeping or functioning poorly for decades. This was my fifth surgery on this hip in as many years so no surprise it may be awhile for my gait to be restored.

I'm focused on restoring muscle function, then strength. Not thinking beyond that yet. I'm just glad that the clunking is not uncommon.

Thanks again everyone. I'm really enjoying my painless walks (albeit short) with my dog !

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear