+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 8 months post-op on 2nd HR - feeling clunky  (Read 2517 times)

johns567

8 months post-op on 2nd HR - feeling clunky
« on: July 30, 2015, 05:35:07 PM »
Not sure if anybody can help out but I am 8 months post-op on my 2nd HR and played 2 rounds of golf over the weekend.
Monday morning I woke up and my newest HR felt funny and a little clunky. I have been exercising regularly for some time and never had any odd feelings in either hip before  now. There is no pain, just feels loose. Any ideas or opinions?

Juno

Re: 8 months post-op on 2nd HR - feeling clunky
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 05:45:27 PM »
Hi John,

I believe that as we begin to use and recruit muscles that are still trying to rebuild/heal/strengthen, sometimes the occasional clunk returns. Clunking is generally associated with muscles around the hip socket that are still "loose" and are not stabilizing to their fullest capacity. It could be that with your two rounds of golf (exercise) you have awaken some muscle firing that wasn't occurring or maybe you stretched out some of the muscles..... 2 years out I still get occasionally clunking especially if I've overtaxed the hip or introduced a new or more strenuous exercise. If you are concerned by all means you should call your surgeon. But I'm betting it will all resolve.

Good luck!
Right resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 7/11/13
Left resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 12/11/13

johns567

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 06:42:19 PM »
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 07:06:45 AM »
Yes, everyone seems to go through a clunking phase.  It will pass.  Wait until you hear your first squeak.  It comes from being dehydrated.  I haven't heard it in a long time, but the first time I heard it I thought it was my cat.  Then I thought it was my stairs and I was mad because I made the stairs and to have a squeak in your stairs is a failure.  Then I realized ''holy crap, it's my hip''
I was relieved.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

jd

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 04:33:06 PM »
If I recall correctly, Dr Gross told me he believed the blood supply explanation to be a myth -- have you consulted with him?

karlos.bell

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 12:23:05 AM »
 :) Hi John 567 Mine shift and clunk heaps. Due to the tight glut minimus,  Psoas . Hopefully when the inflammation settles they will stop. The hip joint is different it has lost the Labrum so it is not as deep as it was. It then can load shift due it has not got the depth in it. Probably hopefully 2 years they will not be an issue. Your doing well at 8 months good on you. I would not worry about it but keep an eye on it. My experience is tight muscles in the wrong direction. A little different than loose muscles. Cheers K

2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat