+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: First ride post op  (Read 2493 times)

gasyz

First ride post op
« on: December 25, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »
Gave myself a christmas treat and went for my first post op ride.Just over three months since my BHR,and feeling good so got hold of some troy Lee padded shorts and did a 23km hilly road ride on my MTB.It was my old after work quick training loop which I used to in 58 mins.Just managed 1h6mins in bad wind and rain,so quite pleased for the first outing in a while.Hip feels fine,wish I could say the same for the fat belly hanging over the top of my shorts.Can finally start training for the new season and some upcoming events.Merry biking xmas.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 08:44:05 AM by gasyz »
Rbhr 60/54
Ronan Treacy, 5th September 2015

Gino_Tortellini

• "Keep your tire spinnin!" - Me
Re: First ride post op
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 02:39:58 PM »
Great to hear, take it slow and easy the belly will come off in no time!
Dr. Gross / Biomet Recap Uncemented / Bi Lat / Dec 3 & 5, 2012 / @48 1/2 yrs due Cam FAI

gasyz

Re: First ride post op
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 03:25:13 PM »
Wish I could take it slow and easy but I've got the brain of a 5 year old..Gave myself another treat on new years day and did a 14k mountain walk over Snowdon including climbing Crib-coch in snow and ice.The next day I borrowed my dads ccm trailbike and did a few hours greenlaning in a wild and wet mid Wales.New hip felt gr8 throughout.
Going for a thrash on my Triumph scrambler now.
All this at only 4 months post op,can't wait for 6 months and full release.
As Bon Jovi said, Live while your alive and sleep when your dead.(Or as my mum said don't come running to me when you break your legs)
Rbhr 60/54
Ronan Treacy, 5th September 2015

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat