+-

Author Topic: Brian- 34 year old Left BHR with Dr. Brooks at Cleveland Clinic  (Read 1801 times)

briandb

Brian- 34 year old Left BHR with Dr. Brooks at Cleveland Clinic
« on: February 19, 2016, 12:29:41 AM »

7 HOURS OUT OF SURGERY:
I am in my hospital bed, 9:30 PM. listening to Chris McClarney and grateful that God is with me.  Jesus, you are so glorious!  I had a slight reaction of nausea and low blood pressure at [/size]7[/color][/size]:30 PM or so (surgery was at 2:00).  They gave me something to get my blood pressure back up and I am feeling a bit better.  My feet are tingling and feeling is slowly returning.  It was scary to not be able to feel my legs for awhile.  I had a decent meal at 6 ish and feel better[/color]
[/size]

27 HOURS OUT OF SURGERYI am 27 hours out of surgery- it is 7:`15 PM on Thursday- surgery was on Wednesday at 2:00ish.

Last night I got super nauseous overnight and threw up a lot.  Today, I woke up pretty early- fell asleep around 1:30 PM and woke up around 5:30AM.  Watched Top Gear, skipped breakfast and was very nauseous.  Nausea on and off throughout the day.  Both times PT came in, I didn't do super great.  First time they came to my bedroom was around 10:00 AM.  I started to cry and felt awful. They got me out of my bed and that was about it.  Slept and relaxed and hung out with Katie for awhile.  PT again at 1:45.  I got into a wheelchair, but when I got to the PT room, I was a wreck again- almost puked the entire time- went white and felt super nauseous.  Slept from 2:15- 4:30 or so.  Felt quite a bit better after that.  I was able to get down some soup for lunch and for dinner I had a grilled cheese and chicken broth.  I just (7:10 or so) was able to get myself onto a walker and to the bathroom in my room without nausea!  The nurse and doctor (Dr. Tamaskar) have been pretty helpful dealing with me and my narco hatred.  The oxycodone I took this AM left me crying and feeling awful.  They switched me over mid-day to Vicodin (forget its new name).  Then, in the afternoon, they basically switched me just to muscle relaxers and tylenol.

Since coming off the narcotis, the pain in my hip seems worse, but just about everything else feels better! Was able to stomach most of dinner, got up onto walker alone, etc and didn't feel nauseous! 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:31:36 AM by briandb »

blinky

Re: Brian- 34 year old Left BHR with Dr. Brooks at Cleveland Clinic
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »
Hang in there! GI issues were my biggest problems as well. Once i could eat and poop all was well.

RebeccaT

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 10:07:10 PM »
Oh wow, well, glad you are through it and hopefully on the up and up. Dr Gross uses nucynta regular and extended release ... I had no issue with it and only needed it for about a week. It is a narcotic but it had few side effects that I could tell.

Prayers and I hope it gets better from here! I am sure it will. I am 9 weeks out today and very happy that I had it done!
Right Hip - Dec 11, 2015 - Dr Gross

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:42:21 PM »
Brian, I also found second time around that tylenol and the relaxers were almost as effective for the pain, while creating so many less side effects.  I am 4 yrs today from my 2nd bhr with dr brooks, it will get much better, very soon, god speed, Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats