+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Iliopsoas Tight - Adductor Longus tight. Lenthgthing?  (Read 2445 times)

karlos.bell

Iliopsoas Tight - Adductor Longus tight. Lenthgthing?
« on: June 06, 2016, 08:46:33 PM »
 8) Hi All. Not sure how many if at all any persons on this site have had their Iliopsoas lengthened?
I am on the ask to find out if anyone has or know of anyone that has.
De Smet said wait 2 years but it seems a cycle of events now.

It is a common thing to have done if one has had issues in the hip for so long and a weak iliopsoas test. (flexed) test. I am looking at getting it done.
I would like to also preserve the hip better (both hips as they jilt and get forced around due to tight muscles) the muscles then slacked off due to being so tight so then you get a loose joint. I do not think this is good for the joint long term.

I can run alternately 5 kms, every second day do exercise but this dam thing is forever playing up causing inflammation in the groin.
It is that tight it twangs around and you could play a tune on it.
The test is a sure sign and really the only sign that the iliposoas is now too short. As it seems to get aggravated. That is only my right side.
Will it lengthen?. Does not seem to want to at all just keeps playing up. FAI issues with the hip seems to be the root cause but having now the weakness after exercising and on a daily basis is a real pain !!
The opposite side is the Adductor Longus I thought it was Brevis but the sport surgeon informs me the most common is Longus to get lengthened. That is the left side.
These are due to hip instability and these muscles contract to hold a crook hip in place. But they also shorten in doing so over a period of time. They do not seem to want to lengthen even with stretches.
So any body out there with this experience or knows of someone with the lengthening surgery?
You comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers K :)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:11:52 PM by karlos.bell »
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Johng

• DeSmet bilateral resurf 2016 conserve plus
Re: Iliopsoas Tight - Adductor Longus tight. Lenthgthing?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 11:51:41 PM »
Hi karlos, sorry to hear About your discomfort. I am six months out and my adductors keep flaring up making daily activity really tough, sleep effected. Like you I am wondering if there is treatment. I have heard about lengthening. Dr. DeSmet advises me to be patient, go slowly till the inflammation subsides, then start strengthening again. It just won't settle. It's a2 year wait here in Ontario for an ortho consult so I am going to research add treatments. I will share what I learn. Be grateful if any hippies out there have looked into lengthening as an option. Hang in Karlos. john

karlos.bell

Re: Iliopsoas Tight - Adductor Longus tight. Lenthgthing?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 01:49:14 AM »
 :) Thanks John great to get a reply and De Smet is right. Wait......... Yep I am looking at it but I have had some very cool recovery the last few days. I don't have a physio here but what I have found and talking around various physio's,gym people is just a plain old squat. So I am ridiculous weak Gluts max, quads, Tensor and just by doing the squats has kicked it all back in. I have tendons and muscle that I thought I never had so now they are doing the job. It nice to know they still work and how a normal person should walk. So I believe the adductor thing is due to joint instability and that also is what my physio has experienced so I will leave it all alone and do just exercise that targets the glut max. Every thing else now is following along. the adductor thing should go down or stop being overactive when the others get strong enough. Once upset it can cause major issues.

Ok hope that helps. Cheers Karl
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat