+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Spasms During Running...  (Read 1638 times)

rmischianti

Spasms During Running...
« on: June 04, 2017, 01:31:13 PM »
I am 3 years post on my right and 4 years on my left. The procedure and recovery went great! I can do all sports but one: Running. I play most sports better than before including some racquetball, softball, even some basketball. I all feels great and I zip around like no other!

Now, I can run...even fast. However, only for about 1/4 to 1/2 mile before I get spasms in several areas of my hips. Sometimes in front, sometimes side, sometimes left or right. When the spasm occurs, it stops me. I can wait about 30 seconds and them resume. However, each time, the spasm returns sooner. Zero pain the the join or anywhere else. 

I am not finding this symptom here and hope someone has has a similar experience and resolved it. Thanks in advance for any responses.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 10:11:16 PM by Pat Walter »

Ernie

Re: Spasms During Running...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 11:13:08 PM »
I haven't experienced any spasms while running. But it is great that you are able to play softball, racquetball and basketball.  That kind of intense, irregular movement is more challenging for me than running. 
Right Hip Resurfaced - Wright Conserve Plus, April 1, 2011 by Dr. Kress, Atlanta, GA

Left Hip Resurfaced - Biomet, May 4, 2015 by Dr. Gross, Columbia, SC

blinky

Re: Spasms During Running...
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:44:30 AM »
I haven't heard of this problem. How long have you had it? Since the beginning or is it new?

What therapies have you tried? ART? Recent PT? I am no professional, but it sounds like a muscle that shouldn't be doing the running work is doing the work and then gets too fatigued and quits; it sounds like some muscle needs to be awakened to do its job.

Have you tried running more slowly in order to stretch out the time in which you can run?

Good luck. If it is any comfort, I still get some weird niggles and have to step back and try to figure them out.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear