+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Professor Cobb Interview About Hip Resurfacing and Devices  (Read 2023 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Professor Cobb Interview About Hip Resurfacing and Devices
« on: October 15, 2017, 02:20:30 PM »

Professor Cobb Interview About Hip Resurfacing 2017 from Surface Hippy Videos on Vimeo.

Professor Cobb discusses hip resurfacing in general and his experience.  He also talks about the future of hip resurfacing.  MSK Lab is currently involved in the  H1 Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty study for ceramic on ceramic hip resurfacing device.

More information is available here:  H1 hip resurfacing study

The H1 implant is designed and manufactured by Embody who are also sponsoring and funding the H1 hip resurfacing study. The objective of the H1 study is to look at survivorship of the H1 implant over 10 years. Participants will be closely followed by clinical review, functional scores, and imaging.

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

karlos.bell

Re: Professor Cobb Interview About Hip Resurfacing and Devices
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 12:13:43 PM »
 :) Cool Pat. 1 of the major points he highlights is the placement of the ace tabular component. "placement" This fact seems to always come out.   Cheers K :D
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

fastboy64

Re: Professor Cobb Interview About Hip Resurfacing and Devices
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 11:53:47 AM »
I was on Prof Cobb's very first list for the H1 all ceramic hip resurface device clinical trial safety study.
I and my 2 fellow patients on that first list just had our 6 week reviews with Prof Cobb - we were all so happy and energised!
My new hip just instinctively feels superb. I am concentrating on strength and conditioning work to build-up the operated leg. Lots of rehab physio including step-ups, lunges onto wobble cushion, squats, crab walk with band, clam shell etc. etc. - strength and range of movement improving noticeably every week.
Within 2 weeks of surgery I was briskly walking 5k in 45 minutes ... and it felt so good!
The obvious benefits of the H1 are complemented by Prof Cobb's skill as a surgeon including his attention to detail, the precision of his work and the very thorough pre-operative planning - I hope and believe this will all make for very positive longer-term outcomes.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat