+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Collagen  (Read 1631 times)

brianflanagan

Collagen
« on: February 01, 2018, 02:22:32 AM »
Hi guys,

Not sure this is the right section to post my feedback, please feel free to move me to the right section if I made a mistake.

This is not a new treatment but I wanted to share a very interesting feedback.
Needless to say that I've tried a lot of medicines.

As a quick reminder, I've been suffering for pain for almost 20 years. A surgeon did arthroscopy on my hip to clean the joints and to remove the bump on the hip which I may have done will I was 14 years old while doing martial arts (too much flexible :-) ).

So I had a stem cells treatment on June 2017.
This has slightly improved my life but not amazingly.
On a scale from 1 to 10 , my pain was usually around 4-6 .

After reading a book (Tools of Titans from Tim Ferris, which I recommend you !) , I've seen an interesting suggestion to take "hydrolyzed gelatin" . Processed gelatin is Collagen.
Luckily I could find easily pills of Collagen.
I've tried taking Collagen (and also Magnesium to be completely transparent) for 3 weeks and the results are just amazing.

I've gained back flexibility. I've been able to run 2 times with not too much pain (this was the first time I could run after the last 4 years ...).
The pain is now around 1-3 / 10 !

I don't have a brand new hip but the change is very appreciated.
I was really considering not to do the surgery anymore !

But in fact, I'd like to be able to go back to Martial Arts , so I will still do it.

Hope this is an interesting feedback.

Left hip 11/03/2018 - Dr Chris Whately

surratt

Re: Collagen
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 11:25:52 AM »
yeah ive been taking collagen, magnesium/zinc,calcium, and vitamin D to help with the healing after surgery.  Who knows if it helps but it gives me peace of mind im giving my body as much good nutrition to rebuild as possible
Bilateral Hip resurface Dr. Gross
12/13/17
12/15/17

brianflanagan

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 10:10:36 AM »
Hi Surratt,

In fact, I've realized that the main improvements come from the Magnesium , not really from the Collagen.

The mix of Collagen + Magnesium might be very good, but the best improvement effects were because of the Magnesium.

Left hip 11/03/2018 - Dr Chris Whately

suncag

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 08:34:11 PM »
I have been taking NeoCell Collagen Type II every morning for a couple of years now.  Not sure if it makes any difference.  I take it in the morning with water before I have anything else, wait 30 minutes, and then have my coffee.  Later in the morning I take Cosamin ALU, Fish Oil, and a few vitamin supplements including Tumeric.  Again - I have no clue if all these supplements I take make any difference.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear