+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Drop foot  (Read 4859 times)

Coby Taylor

Drop foot
« on: July 29, 2019, 06:08:38 AM »
Hello,

I’ve recently had my second hip resurfacing with ceramic on ceramic by Professor Bill Walter in Sydney ,Australia. As a result I’ve got drop foot . MRI scan done and sciatic nerve intact , it showed some disc protrusions L5 and a few other degenerate things , but surgeon said the damage must be near the wound site . I’m 12 weeks now and nerve studies done and said the tibial nerve has some recovery but server or complete disfunction of the peroneal nerve . I’m going to see a neurosurgeon to see if some surgery can be done or something. Everyone else that I’ve seen really has no answers, they say just time . I hope time is all it needs as I’m a 40 year old Roof plumber so if it doesn’t come back I’m pretty much not able to do my job . If anyone has some knowledge for recovery or treatment of this it would be greatly appreciated. I’ve tried to ask the surgeon how did it happen , like was it moved with instruments during then surgery or stretched when they dislocated the hip but he just says he doesn’t know . Surely with this being a possibility and totally debilitating there should be a process to eliminate this from happening. Any way if anyone has some knowledge please share it with me .
Thanks
Coby Taylor

catfriend

Re: Drop foot
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 07:03:25 PM »
I've read all of your posts. I really wish I could help you, but I had never even heard of drop foot until I read your story. It's been interesting to learn about. I hope someone can help you, and that you recover fully. It sounds terrible.

Coby Taylor

Re: Drop foot
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 07:13:52 PM »
Thanks , for the Reply Catfriend . Yeah it is truely horrible, I’m really trying to stay positive and hope it heals , but a few people that have been through this have mixed results, mostly positive but a few didn’t recover and some only a little bit . That being said the hip surgery itself was successful. I really wonder who’s fault this injury is and if the person who dislocated the hip joint was the surgeon or his fellow which would really explain why it happened if they where inexperienced. I’m getting another MRI of the nerves near the knee , and I seen a neurosurgeon and if there is damage there maybe some surgery like they do in decompression of the nerve in carpel tunnel surgery. Anyway I’ll keep everything going and inform everybody of my progress . I’m sure this has happened to more people out there. Thanks Coby

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear