+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: BiLat Hip Resurfacing Update - Dr. Gross (Feb 2019)  (Read 686 times)

Philbrd

BiLat Hip Resurfacing Update - Dr. Gross (Feb 2019)
« on: September 06, 2019, 03:23:41 PM »
I had BiLat Hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross in early Feb, 2019.   Recovery has been a steady progression and improvement, with occasional setbacks.   I am back in the gym almost everyday now.   This past weekend I was on a challenging hike, mountain biked and whitewater kayaked.  Today marked getting back into hockey!   All of this has been through gradual progression through rehab.  This group has been instrumental in my decision to go with HR and help through the process. At this point, I am very pleased with the results.  I still see improvement week to week and hope that continues as it has for others through 12-18 months.  I found a very good PT person and Dr. Gross approved  PT as long as I adhered to his guidance around progression and restrictions.  For me, I found the PT to be very important in the recovery.   I am still rehabbing but at 6 months definitely feel like I've turned a corner.  I was an active runner before surgery and still contemplating that.  At this point, I feel so much better and I've found other activities and ways to stay fit that I don't really miss running.

Dr. Gross and his team are amazing -  I am so thankful for his skill and this community (Thanks Pat!) of people that believe in this approach.  Thanks to several of you who helped me directly. 
Dan

Joe_CA

Re: BiLat Hip Resurfacing Update - Dr. Gross (Feb 2019)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:33:23 PM »
Congratulations Dan. So you've made it to the 6-month mark. I'm also a bilateral patient of Dr. Gross (Dec, 2016) and recall how satisfied I was at the 6-month, released to full-activity mark. I recall stating I didn't care if I made any additional progress. Many here told me to wait, as you will continue to improve. And they were correct. I'm a few months shy of 3 years post-surgery, and I'd guess I was still making improvements after two years (that were noticeable). It's likely there are very small gains even now.

So keep up the rehab, hit the gym, and sports like hockey will be easy for you in the upcoming months/years. Glad to hear of your positive results as another successful member of the Dr. Gross/Bilateral club.

Joe
Bilateral patient
Dr. Gross
December 12, 14 2016
Biomet (uncemented)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: BiLat Hip Resurfacing Update - Dr. Gross (Feb 2019)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 08:04:08 PM »
Dan
Thanks for your update.  So glad you are doing so well.  I look forward to your future posts.
Always nice to hear from Dr. Gross patients, along with others.
I wish you the best.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM