+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: you tube bilateral resurfacing videos  (Read 2376 times)

sks

you tube bilateral resurfacing videos
« on: August 21, 2008, 08:08:25 PM »
Don't know if this is known here, but my daughter just found bilateral hip resurfacing videos on you tube.  Here's one of many. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgUiq-A71w&feature=related
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 08:17:39 PM by sks »

TomBuell

• Right Birmingham Hip Resurfacing 7/1/08
Re: you tube bilateral resurfacing videos
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 08:56:10 AM »
She makes it look easy.
I found a video of the Birmingham surgery on one of the company websites. It's quite explicit, and I'm kind of glad I didn't watch it before I had the procedure.
- Tom

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 03:00:50 PM »
Hi

I have quite a few videos posted on the website if you haven't taken a look. Some of real surgery, doctor interviews and post op recovery videos.

http://www.surfacehippy.info/shvideos/videos.php

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

CITY2SOUTH

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 11:33:15 PM »
Tom,

I was obsessed with finding out everything I possibly could before surgery. Including watching numerous videos on u tube and my surgeons site. The dislocation part gives me goose bumps every time....Ouch.....

Lisa
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/6-23-08
Lisa Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/ 6-23-08

Big Bill

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 05:58:49 PM »
I am with you "Shark Girl"... I watched every video about resurfacing I could.  My surgeon used the "Arch Table" for my surgery. They called it the "Iron Maiden "  :o  . It helped maneuver the leg throughout the procedure. Not everyone can watch those videos...including my whole Family  ::) I wanted to know A-Z... glad I did.  8)

Big Bill  C.A.S.H.  7/9/08

CITY2SOUTH

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 10:48:45 PM »
Big Bill,

It's me SHARK GIRL! You are too funny....My incision is too clean looking now to say it was a SHARK ATTACK. LOL!!!! I'll tell folks it's a knife wound from a Pirate..Argh!!!My son will like that...

Arch table? Iron Maiden? Geez sounds barbaric! When I got the report from Dr. G about the entire procedure from beginning to end I read it over and over, fascinated by all aspects, including the dislocation..UGH...
A co-worker tonight asked" So what is a Hip Resurfacing?  I said "they dope you up, cut you open, dislocate your leg, cut some bone off, ram a metal dreidel on and hammer the crap out of it,shave more bone to fit a cup and sew you back up. But it's better then having my entire thigh cut open and 12 inches of bone drilled out for rod placement." They said "Ouch" I did go in to detail about the pro's of HR VS. THR. Geez I hope know one reads this a faints..Sounds gross...he he he......By the way my husband couldn't watch the video's either...
Lisa
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/6-23-08
Lisa Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/ 6-23-08

xocy

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 01:29:19 PM »
I was surprised to hear Dr. G tell me that he only gets one lick with the hammer and has to get it right the first time. Not like golf, no mulligans!

On another subject, when I do the prescribed exercises, leg lifts and side leg lifts, I get sore right away. It's not like weight lifting where you might be sore the next day. Anyone else have this reaction?
Mike
Bilateral
Dr. Thomas Gross
Left 6/23/08  Right 6/25/08

TomBuell

• Right Birmingham Hip Resurfacing 7/1/08
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »
Xocy - Yes, I had that same reaction, but it slowly decreased over a week or two, especially with the leg lifts right after surgery, the knee raises, and later the side lifts, which my doctor didn't want me to do for 6 weeks. The muscles are just so weakened, or in some cases cut and reconnected, that you get sore just using them. Different from strength training in a healthy person.
That's why it's important to take it slowly.
- Tom
RBHR 7/1/08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM