+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: How did you know when it was time for a revision ??  (Read 4704 times)

Diane11468

How did you know when it was time for a revision ??
« on: March 04, 2021, 03:32:14 PM »
Hi,  I am an old member of this group from back in the early 2000's. At age 33,  I had my right hip resurfaced Jan 23,2003 by Dr.Kennedy in Sarasota Florida. I was part of the initial FDA trail.  I am now 18yrs out and have recently started having that all to familiar groin pain. My ortho surgeon, who is currently following my hip, took x-rays yesterday and did not see anything obvious.  I had labs drawn to check for metallosis or infection and they ordered a bone scan to see what may be happening under the implants since I am now 51yrs old.  I am hoping to reach out to someone, who had a long term resurfacing that was eventually revised to hear their story and how they knew it was time for revision.  The groin pain is only occurring when bending over or sitting in chair and leaning over to get something off the floor.  The groin pain lasts about 20 mins and radiates down the front of my thigh. During those 20 mins, I feel like my hip isn't screwed in right as well. I have no instability and still have great range of motion.  I have literally had zero problems with this hip for 18yrs and now I feel like it is going bad very quickly. The groin pain is exactly where and how I felt it prior to surgery.  Would love any insight from anyone who been through this already.  Thank you

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
Re: How did you know when it was time for a revision ??
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 12:11:25 PM »
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear this.  I don't have anything to offer, but want to hear if you figure something out.  I hope it magically clears up.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

catfriend

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 01:53:38 PM »
Definitely sounds like trouble. Since this is a very old implant, my suggestion is to consult with a resurfacing surgeon who has been around long enough to perhaps have experience revising your device. You might consider Dr Pritchett in Seattle, even though he is on the other side of the country from you, or Dr. Gross. They both have revision experience, and they both do women.

Diane11468

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 12:36:20 AM »
There are no surgeons in my area still doing resurfacing. I am in Northern Illinois with HMO insurance so .y options are limited. I am a former OR nurse who did ortho primarily for years so I have picked a very talented surgeon who has been following my hip for 4yrs now. Bone scan is Friday. I am just a bit freaked out on how quickly things are deteriorating. Thank you for the support. I see the surgeon March 22nd for test results. I will let you know what he finds if anything.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear