+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 8 Year Anniversary!  (Read 484 times)

kate71

8 Year Anniversary!
« on: May 18, 2021, 12:47:44 PM »
I have just remembered it is my 8 year anniversary of my right hip resurfacing today - time has really flown by - thought I would give a little update to anyone who is interested.

During lockdown in the UK I decided I needed to do something to keep fit whilst stuck at home so have now completed 'Couch to 5K' a running app which coaches you to the point where you can run 5K without stopping - my best time since completing the programme is 40 minutes for a 5K. If you had told me just over 8 years ago that I would ever be able to run let alone run 5K I would have laughed at you! My hip was fine just usual aching legs on both sides ;) This lead to doing more exercise in the lockdown and I have now completed Joe Wicks 90 day plan of 5 HIT workouts a week for 6 months. My hip is so much stronger and my flexibility doing Pilates and yoga is so much better. :)

My left hip is now showing signs of arthritis and I am starting to get some pain - however I have delayed any surgery by getting stronger. I suspect a new hip on the left will be coming in the next couple of years but I feel I would be in a much better position to recover from the surgery this time.

I hope you are all well and staying safe through the crazy year we have all had around the world. if you're new and reading this I can safely say that having this operation was the best decision I ever made. I will without hesitation book in for the other one when I really need it.

See you next year!
Kate
x

jimbone

Re: 8 Year Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 10:43:50 PM »
Great post Kate.  Congratulations on your recovery and exceeding accomplishments with the 5K.  It is a life recovering procedure.  Well done.

dannythebeerman

Re: 8 Year Anniversary!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 09:47:16 AM »
Inspiring and Congratulations!
~Danny Hahn

July 2020 Biomet Magnum Trispike, Dr Gross. Needed 5cm3 bone graft behind acetabular cup.  That's a whole lot of packed in bone dust I pray heals.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear