+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Boettner in NYC at HSS  (Read 687 times)

Johnt55

Dr. Boettner in NYC at HSS
« on: August 05, 2021, 12:52:45 PM »
Hello.  First, thank you so much for this site.  Awesome!  Has anyone had hip replacement surgery performed by Dr. Boettner at HSS in NYC.  If you would share any experience(s) with Dr. Boettner it would be greatly appreciated.   My first thought was to go with Dr. Su, but he is out of Network and Dr. Boettner is in Network.  I am 55 and was told 2 years ago I would need hip replacement surgery on the left hip in 6months.  I went to a Physical Therapist, was assessed and got a plan of action to address my issue to the extent possible.  I have been following that plan of action to the letter and continue to pursue interests such as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
Re: Dr. Boettner in NYC at HSS
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 12:02:42 PM »
Hi John,

I can't answer your specific question, but would ask you to clarify:  You said "hip replacement surgery" and not "hip resurfacing surgery".  Are you planning on a total hip replacment (THR) or a hip resurfacing surgery, which is what is most often discussed here on this forum?

I CAN say that there are many, many people who've returned to martial arts, including Jiu-Jitsu, after resurfacing.

Also, if you were referring to resurfacing, the number of surgeries completed by the doctor is the leading indicator of success.  So, if Dr. Boettner has only done a couple hundred resurfacings, I would be a bit hesitant.  Dr. Boettner is not listed on the Surfacehippy website as a resurfacing doctor:  https://surfacehippy.info/hip-resurfacing-doctors/

That doesn't mean he does not do it, but I would definitely ask him how many he's done. 
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Johnt55

Re: Dr. Boettner in NYC at HSS
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 07:56:50 AM »
Hi,

You are correct.  I meant to say resurfacing.  I will look into the number of resurfacings he has performed.
I really appreciate the response.

Thanks

John   

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz