+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: pain while sitting  (Read 2359 times)

sootie

pain while sitting
« on: September 22, 2008, 09:13:17 PM »
hi folks,
        first post, can any one shed some light on a rather sharp pain i am having in my thigh to my knee after i have been sitting for a long time,i find if my leg is at a certain angle the pain occurs.when i manage to stand up the pain goes.i have the sensation that something has moved. worried i may have dislocation.i am 3months post op(bhr) and everthing has been going well up to now ,i am walking swimming and doing my exercises.any suggestions welcome.
                                                                                                                             regards sootie

CITY2SOUTH

Re: pain while sitting
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 12:31:55 AM »
Sootie,
I have pain in my hip and leg after sitting for long periods of time.. I think it's normal and just part of the healing process.

Lisa
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/6-23-08
Lisa Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/ 6-23-08

graza

• Right Mid Head Resection McMinn 20/08/08
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 03:50:49 AM »
Hi ya,
Yup me too. Seem's to be when sat in a car. Some cars are ok like when my leg is stretched out but in my camper van  where my leg's at more of a right angle it hurts. I'm 5 weeks post op and being told not to sit for too long. i think it's just referral pain. I'm not too worried about it because the moment i get up it goes. Dislocation i hear is very very painful.
On a slightly different note does anyone still feel like their operated leg's a little longer? I waked for about a mile yesterday with just a stick and my lower back on the un-operated side twinges. I still feel when standing upright with my feet together there's a slight leg length discrepancy????   
Cheers Graza.

triathloner

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:23:40 AM »
I obviously shouldn't reply as I have not had my surgery yet, but I wanted to mention that in one of the last chats with DR Mont he mentioned that patients should get up and move every 45 minutes to get the muscles and blood moving.  Just thought i should add that.  The transcript from that is on this site if you wanted to check it out word for word.  Good luck with your rehab! :) :)
left biomet Dr. Gross 10-22-08

obxpelican

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:41:06 AM »
For my 6 week checkup I stayed local and used Dr. Gross's 6 week protocol where you go to a PT.... the girl was able to measure my leg length.... if you're going to therapy you could ask them to measure you.  If one leg is slightly longer you can get inserts for shoes so it's not a big deal unless the discrepency is large.

Hope everything else is going well.

Chuck

Hi ya,
Yup me too. Seem's to be when sat in a car. Some cars are ok like when my leg is stretched out but in my camper van  where my leg's at more of a right angle it hurts. I'm 5 weeks post op and being told not to sit for too long. i think it's just referral pain. I'm not too worried about it because the moment i get up it goes. Dislocation i hear is very very painful.
On a slightly different note does anyone still feel like their operated leg's a little longer? I waked for about a mile yesterday with just a stick and my lower back on the un-operated side twinges. I still feel when standing upright with my feet together there's a slight leg length discrepancy????   
Cheers Graza.
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

JeanM

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »
Hi Gang,
In response to the leg length difference . . . Yes!  Tomorrow, I'll be 4 weeks from surgery and my operated leg is still about 1/2 inch longer than my other leg.  My legs were perfectly even to start with!  I've read many posts on this site saying this is common and the discrepancy will resolve itself over time.  As a matter of fact, Pat has a whole topic category devoted to this.  (Sorry Pat, that we've somehow hijacked this topic and went here, but I couldn't resist to reply!)  Apparently, it may be due to some lingering inflammation and the tissues still needing to compress and get back to normal.  However, it still drives me crazy.  I'm so worried that it will be permanent.  For now, I've put a lift in my sneaker so that it doesn't interfere with my ability to practice a normal walk.  But, this better not be permanent!  How does a girl put a lift in pretty, strappy high heel sandals?  (which I hope to wear again someday)

Jeanie
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/8-27-08

CITY2SOUTH

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 11:10:22 PM »
Jeanie,

I agree with ya totally..I've even lived dangerously and wore some strappy high heels around 10 weeks post-op....Let's just say my hip didn't like them too much...lol

Lisa
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/6-23-08
Lisa Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/ 6-23-08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat