+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bursitis Pain  (Read 1473 times)

becks33

Bursitis Pain
« on: September 27, 2008, 10:51:24 PM »
After having arthroscopic hip surgery in February, 2008 for a torn labrum and a articular lesion of the femoral head, I have developed severe bursitis.  Since my surgery, I have had 3 steroid injections and still no relief.  I have also been through PT and and currently stretch, ice, heat and oral anti-inflammatories.  Any other treatment secrets will be greatly appreciated.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Bursitis Pain
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:08:01 PM »
Hi Lisa

I assume you are the same Lisa that posted earlier this year.

I am sorry to hear about your bursitis.  Many people have developed bursitis in their operated hip after resurfacing.  I have it in my unoperated hip. I had a shot which helped for a little while, but the only way I control it is by not doing many repetitive activities. 

It certainly sounds like yours is much worse than mine.  I am sorry to hear about you still having so much pain. 

I am sorry, but I don't have any suggestions for treating it.

I just wanted to say Hi and I hope you can find a solution soon. Hopefully, maybe someone else will have some suggestions.

My neighbor had bursitis in his knee and shots did not help. They doctor eventually removed the sacs from his knee with surgery.  I don't know if they can do anything like that for the hip.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Ronnie

Re: Bursitis Pain
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 03:42:19 PM »
I was wondering how the operation went. I just checked out the site to see if any one had my pain and yours came up. Hopefully by know all is well.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat