+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Resurfacing w/Dr. Rector  (Read 2023 times)

datkins587

Resurfacing w/Dr. Rector
« on: October 29, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »
Had hip resurfacing on my left hip Friday 10-24 in Boulder Colorado by Dr. Rector. Came home from the hospital on Sunday afternoon. Used the walker Sunday evening and all day Monday. Started walking without it on Tuesday and now don’t need it at all. No crutch’s or walker on day five. I walk all over the house and outside and all feels fine. PT came to my house today for the first time and was shocked at how well healed I was already. She gave me a list of exercises but said she saw no need to come back. I'm taking only super Tylenol for pain and ice packs. I feel very fortunate considering I live alone and don’t have much help, this worked out great.  The one and only bad part about the whole ordeal was a 18 hour itching attack while in the hospital. They say some people react that way to the spinal. I'm very glad I got it done, I had my reservations but did it anyway.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:11:17 PM by Pat Walter »

obxpelican

Re: Got it done and feel great
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »
My first question to you is, what is in your drinking water?  Can you send me some?  Check for the incision, are you sure you got operated on?   ;)

Day 5 for me my leg still felt like an old log.  Sorry to hear about your itching episode, but you sound like you are doing very well.  Just make sure not to push it too hard.

Chuck

Had hip resurfacing on my left hip Friday 10-24 in Boulder Colorado by Dr. Rector. Came home from the hospital on Sunday afternoon. Used the walker Sunday evening and all day Monday. Started walking without it on Tuesday and now don’t need it at all. No crutch’s or walker on day five. I walk all over the house and outside and all feels fine. PT came to my house today for the first time and was shocked at how well healed I was already. She gave me a list of exercises but said she saw no need to come back. I'm taking only super Tylenol for pain and ice packs. I feel very fortunate considering I live alone and don’t have much help, this worked out great.  The one and only bad part about the whole ordeal was a 18 hour itching attack while in the hospital. They say some people react that way to the spinal. I'm very glad I got it done, I had my reservations but did it anyway.
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 08:58:44 PM »

Thats awesome, glad to hear it !!  And I agree with obxpelican,  don't push too hard it's easy to overdo it and go backwards, "steady ahead slow captain, steady ahead" ha ha . Hope each day is better than the last, Good luck !

Big Bill

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
Wow ...I had a good first week post op ....but you got me beat ::)  I do agree with B.I.L.L. "Slow RIDE ...TAKE IT EASY"  Pace yourself and follow the doc and the pt's protocols. Consider your outcome a true blessing as there are many who would trade places with you in a heartbeat ! Great news ....wish you the best.  I am at 15 weeks and forget I even had a procedure done sometimes !  Post your progress...it will encourage and help others in more ways than you know !

BIG BILL  C.A.S.H.     8)   7/9/08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat