+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Surgery noon tomorrow w/Raterman in Tampa  (Read 2064 times)

sherry

Surgery noon tomorrow w/Raterman in Tampa
« on: November 05, 2008, 10:39:26 AM »
It's finally here. Tomorrow I'll be a bi-lat (LC+ 11-10-06)and (RBHR 11-6-08). I'll finally be OTOS. All prayers, good wishes and positive thoughts gratefully accepted.  ;D

I'm excited, nervous and anxious to get on the road to recovery. I have to be at University Community hosp at 10.Will leave here at 8a.m.  General = Dipervan will be used, and a posterior lateral position. A nerve block is also used on operated leg. The head is cemented but the cup is not. University Community Hospital has a less than 1% infection rate. Ortho joint replacement floor is seperated from other ortho surgery. 

This long journey started over 2 yrs ago when I was almost talked into a total hip. Though the great people on  the yahoo surfacehippie list I persevered and found Dr Kennedy to do the C+.

My husbands unplanned death 2 mo's after surgery changed the path I walked which took recovery from physical to emotional. This June pain in the right hip started and I came back to the list and was also directed to Pat's list by the very kind & helpful Vicky Morrow for more information and support. Dr Kennedy has retired from surgery and Dr Raterman has come highly recommended w/over 500 resurfs.

I will try to keep you guys updated on my progress.

I'm grabbing my hat, holding the seat of my pants for this is going to be a life changing ride again.

Sherry LC+ 11-10-06 Kennedy
RBHR 11-06-08 Raterman

obxpelican

Re: Surgery noon tomorrow w/Raterman in Tampa
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 11:21:12 AM »
Good luck Sherry, start thinking about how good you will feel when you are walking straight lines, keep pushing towards the future, not dreading tomorrow.  The surgery will be over in a blink of your eyes.  Once you get to the hospital things usually progress pretty quickly.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 11:51:59 AM »
Sherry

We will all be thinking about you and be waiting to hear from you when you are on the other side.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

wayne-0

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 08:35:35 PM »
Sherry,
I know your all ready having already done this before. We will definitly be praying that everything goes well for you. Keep those positive thoughts. I'll be 24 hours behind you and I am starting to get nervous and everything else that goes with this. One thing we have to keep in mind is that everyone says when you wake up from surgery that deep bone on bone pain is gone even though your sore from surgery it is a different kind of sore. Good luck and keep us posted when your able.

Wayne-0
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

sherry

Re: Thanks to all: Surgery noon tomorrow w/Raterman in Tampa
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 10:05:24 PM »
Thanks to all of you. I'll post from asap as I can after surgery.
Wayne-o only 1 more day for you. What a wonderful Christmas we'll have w/o this pain. You'll be in my prayers from the other side.
Thanks for the prayers.

Sherry

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 12:35:52 PM »
Hope everything went well for you Sherry.   8)

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 01:22:45 PM »
Hope all went well Sherry. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Barbara
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

wayne-0

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 04:23:16 PM »
Hey Sherry,
Hope all went well and is going well for you.I'm post op day 8 and your post op day 9. I know you said you had to rely on your neighbors after surgery and I hope they are taking care of you.I couldn't imagine not having full time help thru this first week. My family has been huge for me.If your doing alot of this on your own you are a studlet. Take it easy and slow.
                                         Wayne-0

wayne-0

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 12:29:31 AM »
Hey Sherry,
Haven't heard from ya since before surgery. Everything okey? Hope all is well for ya :) and recovery is going smoothly.

Wayne-0

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat