+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Special Tricks for Home  (Read 2008 times)

San Francisco Hippy

Special Tricks for Home
« on: November 06, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »
Can you give me any of the tricks/needs you employed after coming home if any?  I've just learned about the raised toilet seat.  Someone else somewhere in my reading said a trash bag for ease of sliding out of and into the bed?   Any other little tidbits of stuff I'll want to do or supply my home with before hand for my return would be greatly appreciated!  With three kids and my husband flying solo for 3-4 days I'm trying to get all those little duckies in a row!  Casey (who is going to change her name to this group as San Francisco Hippy!)
I might not be much but I'm all I ever think about...

blmjumper

• Hope is not a strategy
Re: Special Tricks for Home
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 03:02:57 PM »
I know a grabber type thing is good to have for putting on socks....

Tarhoo2

Re: Special Tricks for Home
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 09:41:43 PM »
The grabber is good for picking up things you drop on the floor too.

A back scrubber is good for scrubbing your legs in the shower before you can bend over.

A light/small backpack is helpful for carrying books and other things around the house, up and down stairs especially.

Several large (maybe 8" x 12"), freezable ice packs are good to have for regular icing after therapy, walking, etc. (I bought 3 or 4 to alternate).  I also found it helpful to keep a couple of pillows handy on the couch in my rec room to elevate after walking, etc.

Wedge seat cushions are available that make sitting on straightback chairs more comfortable and will help with <90-degree requirements.  I bought mine at the Healthy Back Store.

I bought an adjustable Aeron desk chair that was good and comfortable for sitting up for the first couple of weeks.  I could recline a bit without feeling like I was falling back.  Only problem with that was the chair has casters, so I had to be careful about it rolling around.

I'd be happy to share my experiences -- all positive.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat