+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: PLANNING A RESURFACING IN BALTIMORE ANY BODY KNOW GOOD DOCTORS .  (Read 2464 times)

ananthi

I KNOW 3 GOOD DOCTORS IN BALTIMORE.DR. MONT,DR.WALDMAN AND DR.MICHEAL JACOBS CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME DECIDE THE BEST
THANKS

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: PLANNING A RESURFACING IN BALTIMORE ANY BODY KNOW GOOD DOCTORS .
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 01:55:38 PM »
Hi  Welcome to Hip Talk.

Dr. Mont is certainly the most experienced of the three with over 1200 hip resurfacings. His video presentation is available on this page  http://www.surfacehippy.info/hipresurfacinginfo.php  He spoke at a gather of surface hippies and wanna be hippies.  It is long, but very informative.

I don't know if he is actually using the BHR.  I think he normally uses the Wright C+ which is also an excellent hip device. Many surgeons will use it instead of a BHR if they need a size that the BHR does not have.

I personally want a very experienced doctor. I explain why in this article http://www.surfacehippy.info/pcselectingsurgeon.php   His resurfacing is almost as much an art as a learned skill.  If you read Dr. Bose explanation about dislocations he explaines how a doctor continues to learn and become better and better.  There have been quite a few studies that show it takes 50 - 100 hip resurfacings to become experienced.  I personally like many hundreds or 2500 like my doctor De Smet has.

It is really a personal decision of how you feel about the doctors after you meet and talk with them.  You will get a gut feeling about each and be able to choose. Some people are willing to have surgery with less experienced doctors.  People feel if a doctor can do a THR, they can do a hip resurfacing.  But a hip resurfacing is a much more technical and demanding surgery.  So again, it is up to how you feel about it all.

Let us know if you have any more questions. There is a lot of information on my website that can help you, but it is sometimes difficult to find since there is so much "stuff".

Pat in Ohio
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

scooters

Re: PLANNING A RESURFACING IN BALTIMORE ANY BODY KNOW GOOD DOCTORS .
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 10:15:56 PM »
Im not familiar with the other two, but Dr. Mont performed my bilat hip resurface surgery,
left-Jan.29   right-Feb.5 2007 and I am now a 6-7 handicap golfer................... No question,
Dr. Mont and his staff are excellent.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat