+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Post op Chair & Bed  (Read 1593 times)

gl3

Post op Chair & Bed
« on: November 28, 2008, 02:09:28 PM »

Hello Hipsters ,

Just checking in about a post op chair ? Pat has mentioned sleeping in a recliner ? I do not have one at my house but should I be looking to get something ? My bed at home is positioned a little high and our couch is a little low ? Just want to be prepared. Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thank you

George Lambert

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Post op Chair & Bed
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 04:45:54 PM »
Hi George

Dr. Schmalzried is one of the best hip resurfacing surgeons in the US.  You will be in good hands.

A lot of people have problems sleeping after surgery.  It is just uncomfortable since most of us sleep on our backs a lot.  Some can sleep on the unoperated side a week or so post op, some can't. Just depends on your body.  Sometimes it is the anasthesia that remains in the body that causes sleeping problems, sometimes it is just the surgery and sometimes the blood thinners.  Whatever the cause - it is very common.

I just have a Lazy Boy recliner that was my best friend.  Somehow being in it just felt good and I could sleep for a few hours at a time.  Some people uses the zero gravitiy chairs.  I just liked my Lazy Boy - but everyone has their own preference.

Some people never use a recliner chair.  It is personal preference.  I couldn't live my life without my recliner anyways.  It is my favorite place to nap even 3 years post op!  I sit in my recliner and do my computer work much of the time for the website.  Much more comfortable than an office chair!  OK - so I am a little lazy and old - but it works great.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

San Francisco Hippy

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 05:21:50 PM »
I bought the anti-gravity chair by Strathwood on Amazon $69 free shipping and I'm in love with it!  I brought it over to my MIL's house for my first outing yesterday and sat in it at the Thanksgiving table in comfort!  If I didn't have this waiting for when I came home from the hospital I would have had a difficult time finding comfort.  I too don't have a recliner just a lot of chairs and couch but it was too low and cushy to sit on although I tried!  Good luck, Casey 
RHR Conserve+, Amstutz 11/20/08
I might not be much but I'm all I ever think about...

gl3

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 06:15:11 PM »

Pat ,

Thank you so much for all of your guidance and your passion !  With the help of your website I feel like I am in good hands and making the right decision. I will keep you informed of my progress.

George Lambert

wayne-0

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 07:07:34 PM »
George,
I brought an outside patio chair inside and put two pillows on it and found that to be super comfortable.
                                               Wayne-0
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

jjiam

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 07:03:57 PM »
I had a plain old recliner, it was the best thing I could have slept in.  Even today when I sit in that sucker, I still fall asleep!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat