+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Places to Stay Post Op in Columbia  (Read 1994 times)

John from Thornhill

Places to Stay Post Op in Columbia
« on: November 28, 2008, 05:45:36 PM »
Hello All,

Wonder if someone can help us. I am having a resurfacing with Dr. Gross Dec. 4th in Columbia. We are from Toronto, so I don't necessarily wish
to fly right back into the snow, slush and cold of Canada. I notice everyone posting the various assited living devices like raised toilets, lazy boys, etc.

My questions are the following:

1) are there recommended places that could easily cater to "hippy" needs post surgery (and I don't necessary mean herbal needs), and
2) if not, what do other out of state/country patients do if they choose to take a few days before returning home? any suggestions?

Many thanks,

John

xocy

Re: Places to Stay Post Op in Columbia
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 08:24:36 PM »
The Marriott at the hospital in Columbia is in the hospital parking lot (literally). They are use to Hip patients. This is the logical decision.

Mike
Bilat
Dr. Gross
L 6/23/08  R  6/25/08
Mike
Bilateral
Dr. Thomas Gross
Left 6/23/08  Right 6/25/08

John C

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
Hi John,
I flew from Idaho to have my surgery with Dr. Gross. I wanted to be conservative about how soon I left the vicinity of my Dr. and jumped on a plane, so I stayed an extra three days after release from the hospital. Prior to surgery, we stayed in the Marriott across the parking lot from the hospital. After surgery, we moved to the Marriott Residence that is about three blocks away. The rooms there are more like suites with full kitchens and a little bit more room than at the Marriott at the hospital. At both hotels you can request rooms that are set up for patients; raised toilets, assist bars, etc. Be sure to request these special rooms well in advance, because I found that they were limited. The only thing missing was a very comfortable chair or recliner to sit in, so I spent most of my time propped up in bed. Both offer reasonable areas to go for your walks. There is actually a nice little path around the outside of the hospital grounds.

John
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

John from Thornhill

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »
Thank you John and Mike, I appreciate your inputs.

John

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat