+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 days post op w/ Dr. Schmalzried  (Read 2434 times)

gl3

4 days post op w/ Dr. Schmalzried
« on: December 13, 2008, 12:18:04 AM »

Just got home yesterday from left hip resurfacing on monday performed by Dr Schmalzreid. Wanted to thank everyone on this website who were kind enough to help out with their kind words and information. I am moving a bit slow at the moment ( on two crutches) but know this is the price to pay to be able to get back to doing the physical activities I enjoy. Look forward to getting on with the rehab !

George
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:37:15 PM by Pat Walter »

obxpelican

Re: 4 days post op
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 08:33:56 AM »
Don't worry, that ole log you are dragging around will wake up in a few days and will surprise you.  Soon that ole log is going to want to go for a walk a nice long walk soon, listen to it, even if you have to bring those wooden sticks with you.

Things get better, sometimes faster than you think.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 09:04:35 AM »
Hi George

Congratulations on the new hip.  Just give yourself time to heal.  You will be amazed where you are in a month or two.  Be patient and your body will take care of itself.

Enjoy this down time and plan on what you will be doing this summer.  It is surprising how quickly you forget all this surgery stuff and get on with your life. 

Good Luck and stay in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

counsel934

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:48:23 AM »

George
congradulations on the surgery im 10 days post op feeling better every day

gl3

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 12:26:12 PM »
Wow woke up feeling stiff today. I think I over did it yesterday. Boy did that shower feel good. I think I will definitely take your advice Pat and listen to my body today. It is sunday so I think it is all about relaxing and football today !

George

JohnS

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 08:14:30 PM »
George,
Be patient.  If your recovery is like just about everyone else here, you'll notice improvements day to day.  Sometimes they are really little and other time very noticable.  I'm 3 1/2 week post-op and still seeing daily changes.  If you think you overdid it, you probably did.  As they say, listen to your body.
Wishes for a great recovery,
JohnS
John S RBHR 11/19/2008 Dr.Palmer, Minnesota

Tarhoo2

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 10:36:09 PM »
George,

I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary on my first BHR (12/18/07).  In April, it will be one year on my second BHR and I will be able to start running again.  I can play golf now and look forward to getting my game back in shape in 2009.

Like many of the folks here, I've been through it and want to do what I can to help and encourage others.  The best advice I can offer is to be patient and take your time recovering.  There will be days when you are frustrated with your progress, but you're on your way to getting your life back.  It takes time, but you will heal and get back to doing the things you want to do without pain.

Again, be patient and give yourself time to heal.  My mantra as I got back into things was: I walk because I can.  Soon it will be: I run because I can.  If you're like me, you'll be grateful for what you've gotten back.

Best of luck to you.

Jim

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM