+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Why Does Pat Answer So Many of the Questions  (Read 2366 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Why Does Pat Answer So Many of the Questions
« on: August 30, 2007, 07:37:46 AM »
Hi

I just wanted to let people know that this discussion group is fairly new. There are 116 members right now.  Most of the new memebers have not had a hip resurfacing yet. They join to ask questions.  Since there are only a few experienced hip resurfacing members right now, Pat tries to make sure everyone gets an answer to their questions.

Pat had her hip resurfacing in Belgium with Dr. De Smet in 2006.  She did not have health insurance and could not afford surgery in the US. She was 61 years old at the time.

For the last 3 years, she has reasearched hip resurfacing on the internet and posted much of the information on her website Surface Hippy   http://www.surfacehippy.info

Pat also belongs to the large Yahoo Surface Hippy Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/surfacehippy/
    There are over 6000 memebers there with many experienced surface hippies.  She started this Hip Talk group to be a smaller, more personal group, but if you need or want answers from a large group of people, that is a wonderful group to join.

If you join the Yahoo Surface Hippy Group be prepared to received over 100 emails a day. You can choose how to read the email when you join.  If you decide to receive emails in your Outlook Explorer - make a folder for the emails so they don't get all mixed with your regular mail.  You can also choose to receive a condensed version or just go to the Yahoo website and read them there. Then you don't get hundreds of emails a day.

It is sometimes overwhelming to try to keep up with all the mail on that group, but it is very informative.  That is where I get a lot of personal stories and information for my website.  I always ask permission to post other peoples stories.

If you are a member of this group, I do hope you will stay with us after your hip resurfacing. Your experience can be of great help to new people with many questions about hip resurfacing.

Pat in Ohio
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:15:17 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

YoungD

Re: Why Does Pat Answer So Many of the Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 01:00:03 PM »
Hi - this is my first post to this forum and I have no idea whether I'm doing it right.  I have a hip resurfacing
scheduled for mid-October and would be interested in learning more from your website participants.  Is there
a easy way to educate me on how best to post simple questions/messages and get responses.  I went to the help
site but it seemed very complicated.

I have found surfing your website extremely helpful so hoping I can interact in this forum as well.  My email address is jimd684574@aol.com

Thanks,

Jim Deichen

Hi

I just wanted to let people know that this discussion group is fairly new. There are 116 members right now.  Most of the new memebers have not had a hip resurfacing yet. They join to ask questions.  Since there are only a few experienced hip resurfacing members right now, Pat tries to make sure everyone gets an answer to their questions.

Pat had her hip resurfacing in Belgium with Dr. De Smet in 2006.  She did not have health insurance and could not afford surgery in the US. She was 61 years old at the time.

For the last 3 years, she has reasearched hip resurfacing on the internet and posted much of the information on her website Surface Hippy   http://www.surfacehippy.info

Pat also belongs to the large Yahoo Surface Hippy Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/surfacehippy/
    There are over 6000 memebers there with many experienced surface hippies.  She started this Hip Talk group to be a smaller, more personal group, but if you need or want answers from a large group of people, that is a wonderful group to join.

If you join the Yahoo Surface Hippy Group be prepared to received over 100 emails a day. You can choose how to read the email when you join.  If you decide to receive emails in your Outlook Explorer - make a folder for the emails so they don't get all mixed with your regular mail.  You can also choose to receive a condensed version or just go to the Yahoo website and read them there. Then you don't get hundreds of emails a day.

It is sometimes overwhelming to try to keep up with all the mail on that group, but it is very informative.  That is where I get a lot of personal stories and information for my website.  I always ask permission to post other peoples stories.

If you are a member if this group, I do hope you will stay with us after your hip resurfacing. Your experience can be of great help to new people with many questions about hip resurfacing.

Pat in Ohio
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Why Does Pat Answer So Many of the Questions
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 06:06:08 PM »
Hi Jim

I am sorry that I did not answer your post.  I am supposed to get emails when a new post is added.  I missed yours.  I guess you have found out how to post.  Just select which post your are interested in and then click the REPLY button on the top right of the post.  If you want to make a completely new subject, click on the NEW TOPIC button.  You need to be reading one of the posts to do that. I wish it were more simple, but there are not many discussion group softwares around and this is a very popular one.  AFter you install it on the website, it is difficult to change much because you will lose all the posts.

You can write to me at pwalter@surfacehippy.info  if you have important questions to ask.  I will always respond.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat