+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Resurfacing w/ Dr. Su  (Read 1493 times)

embcrna05

Resurfacing w/ Dr. Su
« on: December 24, 2008, 08:12:24 AM »
Hi Everyone,
My husband got out of surgery 3 pm on the 22nd.  He looks good.  Yesterday they already had him up walking with a walker.  He said he feels taller in that leg.  Dr. Su was awesome!!! Answered all our questions pre and postop.  My husband had it done under a spinal with an epidural for pain control.  He has been on pain pills since yesterday afternoon and doing well with that.  We are so relieved.  I can't begin to tell you.  Besides the misshapen femoral head, which was the original cause of all this, he had really extensive arthritis there.  Dr. Su was amazed at that and said he must have been in terrible pain.  My husband doesn't complain a lot, but I knew it was getting pretty bad the last few months.

Thank you to everyone from this site who has been so helpful, encouraging, and offering words of wisdom.  What a blessing!!!  We will continue to keep you posted, and I am sure will have questions as he progresses along. 

We wish everyone a Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday. 
Eileen
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:43:57 PM by Pat Walter »

obxpelican

Re: my husband did it!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 08:46:25 AM »
Wow another surface hippy for Christmas!!!

Put some bows on his hip and tell him Merry Christmas from all of us. 

Glad to hear everything went well.  He'll be walking really well before the Easter bunny shows up.

Chuck

Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 08:57:05 AM »
Hi Eileen

Please tell your husband congratulations for me.  He got the best Christmas present of all - a brand new hip resurfacing!

Dr. Su is one of the best.  He has so many happy patients that are out of pain and back to an active life.

I hope your husband has a quick and easy recovery.  Think what a great summer he will have.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

stevel

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 02:35:43 PM »
Hi Eileen,

Merry Christmas to you and your husband.  I'm enjoying Christmas with my Sister and family in Longview, WA.  I traveled from Juneau, AK.  She is amazed at my recovery since my LBHR with Dr. Su on 9/29/08.  Your husband should also recover rapidly as Dr. Su does a great job with the surgery.
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat