+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: crazy activities  (Read 2574 times)

paul

crazy activities
« on: January 05, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »
Hi all , just curious . What are some of the activities post op that have been attempted ? I went on a speed boat ride with my cousin 2weeks after my LHR . Afterwards i thought i was a real idiot as i didn't think the activity would be so bumpy . regards Paul

takilasunrise

Re: crazy activities
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:57:44 AM »
I drove my car way before my doctor said I could.  I had to push my seat back real far and drive straight-legged!  Going out to a buffet was a little tough, too.  I had to sit at the table with my leg stretched out in the aisle and I had to have my husband carry my plate for me!  Other than that, I waited until the spring before I tried anything too strenuous!  I didn't get on the back of the motorcycle until the end of April.

blmjumper

• Hope is not a strategy
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:26:22 PM »
Not crazy...just what I do.

I'm going on a 18 day float down the Grand Canyon at four months out...been riding my bike to work, weather permitting, at a month and a half post surgery.

Let's see...had the skateboard was out last week for a bit and put some miles on my motorcycle at just over a month.

Mikek

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 11:10:50 AM »
Probably most would consider ice climbing at 6 weeks a bit crazy.  My logic was that it doesn't involve big hip movements (unless we're talking about some pretty wild formations), and not falling is standard protocol anyway.  It did wonders for my mental health to stat playing outside again.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear