+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Prolotherapy  (Read 2604 times)

lindarose

Prolotherapy
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:58:54 PM »
Has anyone tried Prolotherapy?  If not, why not?  Just found out about it and it's an amazing to read. I actually have a friend who has severe back pain & takes 'heavy pain meds'...must take a siesta everyday but has not had a series of glucose & water injections & said she has never been happier...it gives her a full 3 hrs. more of functioning.  I read that it can help a bone-on-bone, no cartilege left hip!  Read about it.  Maybe I can get some feedback...I'm goin for it...any option that bipasses surgery, interests me!  Excuse me but I typed ProTotherapy when it is actually PROLOTHERAPY.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:41:15 AM by lindarose »

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
Re: Prototherapy
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 09:49:40 AM »
I looked into it but didn't go that route, and that was after Rolfing Structural Integration.  After looking at my MRI a month after the rolfing and still seeing bone on bone made me realize, you don't fix bone on bone and lost cartilage via a shot of water.  Really the only answer in today's world is the replace/resurface, the good news is we are all happy with our new hips! 

Good luck though if you try it..

Eric

p.s.  some of us even tried hanging upside down with gravity boots and inversion machines..funny when I look back to what I would do in hopes of not taking surgery.

NewTurn

• L-BHR Nov 2009. Soon R
Re: Prolotherapy
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 01:15:26 PM »
Hello lindarose,
 I am now 8 days post op, but before resurfacing I did tried Prolotherapy for 4 months.  At first I was optimistic and probably felt very little improvement.  But basically it is designed to strengthen and build up soft tissue like ligaments and tendons.  They say it can rebuild cartilage, but it did absolutely nothing for me.  It might work for someone that is in the beginning stages of arthritis, but I was bone on bone, so it was a waste of time and money for me.

medgerton

Re: Prolotherapy
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 03:17:27 PM »
Agreed that hip joint bone on bone is only repairable via surgery today. The breakthrough will be when new cartiledge can be grown in the joint. Whatever company gets that patent will be weathly for years to come.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat