+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Youngest person here get a BHR?  (Read 1975 times)

gingerman74

Youngest person here get a BHR?
« on: February 23, 2010, 02:46:18 PM »
Who is the youngest person on here to get a BHR? Im 35 and im going in for mine at the end of March. I developed osteo arthritis from years of wrestling as a kid and dislocated my hip a few times back then. Its all finally caught up with my. Ive already had one shoulder done when I was 17 from it basically just falling out of place all the time.
Im asking about us younger guys cuz im wondering if the age helped you recover faster and what sort of active lifestyle you are living now.
Thanks

Seth

AKinOR

Re: Youngest person here get a BHR?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 05:59:46 PM »
Hi Seth,

I was 33 when I had my first on 12/23/08 and 34 when I had my second on 12/23/09. I know there are much younger resurfacing patients you can read about here and on other surfacehippy sites. My surgeon, Dr. Pritchett in Seattle, also told me he has done bilaterals on teenagers multiple times.

Thanks,

Steve

HSWrestlingCoach

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:31:27 AM »
I had my hip done 6/6/09 at 35y/o and feeling great. I never had a hip injury during my competitive or  coaching years and the doctors say it isn't from wrestling but you know all the wear and tear of wrestling has to do with it! The hip pain is feeling great but still very stiff. I was able to get back on the mat and do things I have not been able to do for 5 years. I wouldn't say I could compete again but being able to instruct and go with the light-weights is great. It took me a good six weeks to feel like it was worth it but I definately feel being younger helped.
boettner rbhr june 6, 2009

Jed

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 10:25:46 AM »
Last week I interviewed a fellow for a job. He was 28 and had his BHR 18 months ago.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat