+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 31 day's to go !  (Read 1653 times)

13.1man

31 day's to go !
« on: February 23, 2013, 07:26:49 PM »
Decision made, Surgeon booked, Date set, Flights and hotels booked....All systems are set to 'GO' 8)
After much to-ing and fro-ing, decided that Dr. De Smet is a good and safe bet. Bring on my resurfaced left hip ! i simply cannot wait.....been knocking off some spare pounds and working in the gym to ensure good muscle tone.....a little challenging when travelling around the globe on business, but am pleased with my weight and working hard on fitness. A possible plus, will be being in Begium for Easter.....I can almost see the gigantic Easter egg in my wifes eyes!  ;)...just as well she believes in keeping fit and in shape!
I will try and write a blog or similar of my experiences in Ghent and publish here when possible.
Fingers, and everything else crossed.......I am sooooo looking forward to this!
Regards
Bo

Dannywayoflife

Re: 31 day's to go !
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 03:16:28 AM »
That's great news bo! You are in great hands with desmet!! You wil have a fantastic result I'm sure ;)
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

evant

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 05:03:12 AM »
Bo

Good choice of surgeon and city.

It's wise to keep working on your fitness - you'll feel the benefit following your operation.

I keep meaning to return to Ghent as I played in a soccer tournament there in @ 1990 and we had great fun - it's a lovely historical city too.

We came last in the soccer tournament as they were serving lovely belgian beer on pitchside and half our team couldn't resist while waiting for our next game!

Go easy on the lovely belgian beer post-op.

All the best.
rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 09:38:42 AM »
Great choice and decision, Bo! We all to and froed... you're in the chute now, congrats.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 04:55:11 PM »
You won't regret it, that's for sure!  Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Andy
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

13.1man

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:37:12 AM »
12 days to, and counting !!!  :)
I have worked my proverbial 'butt off' in the gym and pool in last few weeks, removing any excess pounds (  ;D) and increasing muscle tone and fitness in the process. I feel that I am as fit and lean as I can be. Yes, it caused many (extra)sleepless nights (due to the additional pain caused by some of the exercises) and raised discomfort generally to a higher level, but the result looks good ;-).....even if I do say so myself ......
I felt that I simply 'owed' myself the effort to be in as good a physical condition , as I could be. My hope is , that this will help with and accelerate, recuperation.
All that remains to do now, is a quick business trip to South Africa and then on to Belgium ! My wife can hardly wait........for the Belgian chocolate Easter Egg, I've had to promise her !
Watch this space.....A blow by blow account is in the planning  ;D

hernanu

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 10:07:19 AM »
Keep us tied in, Bo - good luck and chocolating.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Tin Soldier

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 03:19:14 PM »
Let us know if they serve Belgian-style ales in the hospital.  I know, that joke is old, but I keep wondering about that. 

Good luck.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat