+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: What does it feel like when really screw your bhr up?  (Read 5120 times)

Glsec507

What does it feel like when really screw your bhr up?
« on: June 20, 2013, 05:09:42 PM »
I had a BHR done on my left hip Jan 25th, 2013.  So far everything has been great.  The other day I had to run..(work related safety issue)  The last two days ive been feeling a dull type of pain in the joint.  I can only really relate it to it was similar to how my hip felt before the surgery.

My question is how do I know, or what does it feel like if I damaged the joint or femoral head?   Sould I get in for an xray asap or give it some time and see if it worsens or gets better?

evant

Re: What does it feel like when really screw your bhr up?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 05:56:53 AM »
You've had over 4 months of good strong important healing prior to your 'work related safety issue run'.

So, I would believe and hope that you've simply shock-stretched some muscle / ligament around your hip.

This being the case it would take a few days to settle down and return to normal with no permanent damage. Icing regularly would probably help too.

But if you don't feel things are improving it would be wise to contact the office of your surgeon / doctor.

rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 08:51:11 AM »
At 4 months its not ideal to run for fun but it should be well enough healed to support an unplanned safty run.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 08:59:28 AM »
After four months, you should be fine, probably strained some previously unstrained muscles.

Like evant mentions, if you still feel the same ache after a week or so, get in touch with your surgeon and see what they think.

We've all had setbacks along the way, I know I've gotten scared a few times. The issues I had cleared up, but it is good to check anyways.

When I had setbacks, I called the surgeon pretty quickly and at least let them know the problem. Don't be shy with them, it's part of their function in my opinion.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 04:17:46 AM »
I am a bit of an authority on this one as I totally mucked mine up but did it about 6 weeks out. I crushed the head under the cap. The pain was on the day I did it really quite excruciating until I got some serious drugs in me. I had a lot of discomfort moving and shooting pains down my leg.
I wouldn't imagine you have done any serious damage just pushed it a bit. I also went lop sided lost 1cm off that leg so don't worry.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »
It's still amazing me that you recovered after the crushed head jas!
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 10:48:39 AM »
Still touch wood everyday but been 18 months since the fracture and do pretty much everything I want to. Went out with my ten year old to Bewilderwood adventure park and did all the climbing swinging jumping on and off all the things he did. Chasing him up and down tree walks squeezing through little gaps I shouldn't have been able to get through. Had a lovely time being a kid again.
When I eventually get to have my Xrays I will post the before and after fracture pics. I think McMinn wants to hang on to them for the time being though.

Jas
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

obxpelican

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 10:57:20 AM »
It depends what kind of damage you might have done, a small hairline crack would not be necessarily be excruciating, although it's not as if you were out running a mile on your hip so you might have just tweaked a tendon and caused some inflammation.

If it were me I would ice it down, take it easy a few days and take some nsaids like ibuprophen (if you are allowed) and see how you feel in a few days.  If it goes away then it was nothing to worry about. If it does not go away in a week or so, call your doctor and ask for a script for an x-ray and it still might be nothing at all.

In the end, listen to your doctor, don't be like one of those idiots that don't listen and end up causing yourself a revision.

BTW, did you have a shooting pain while you were running or did it come on after the run?

Chuck

I had a BHR done on my left hip Jan 25th, 2013.  So far everything has been great.  The other day I had to run..(work related safety issue)  The last two days ive been feeling a dull type of pain in the joint.  I can only really relate it to it was similar to how my hip felt before the surgery.

My question is how do I know, or what does it feel like if I damaged the joint or femoral head?   Sould I get in for an xray asap or give it some time and see if it worsens or gets better?
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Glsec507

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 11:40:38 AM »
Thanks for all the replies.   The pain didn'tshow up til the next day and has since gone away.  So I'm going to assume I just pulled some muscles.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear