+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 5 days on new hip slowly as you go  (Read 1711 times)

Charvel101

• Bi Lateral Hip Replacements 6 Years Apart
5 days on new hip slowly as you go
« on: August 25, 2013, 11:02:45 AM »
 :). 5 days since Mr Mcminn fitted my left hip with a BHR.  As I expected all went well and my real challenge was the recovery in the weeks after ,, had a bad couple of days due to the pain relief I was on making me very  ill dizzy so on ,,, morphine tramadol aspirin cocodamol ,,,, so decided Thursday morning to go with just paracetamol and aspirin ,,, not advised for everyone but I know I'm lucky with a high threshold. Once I had. few hours clear I was able to start physio and get out of bed ,, so at day 5 I'm just getting going with exercises and crutch walking . The joint feels very stable that was clear from the first day but the muscles are very week and my leg and glute muscles are swollen twice the size . It hurts still but I can see everyday I get more movement and more stamina .  Think we all have to do this bit at our own pace but follow one rule little and often don't overdo it take your time.  Hope I can help,anyone facing this procedure it's not easy but I know I already feel stronger In myself even though I can use my leg much yet..

I know reading what others have put helped me and still does .. Great site I hope I can keep telling my story .

Mr Mcminn 2013 August 20th Left BHR   (-:
Ronan Treacy January 2020 Right BHR

hernanu

Re: 5 days on new hip slowly as you go
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 11:22:47 AM »
That's great. You are just out of the gate, things will keep getting better.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

MikeF

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 01:18:53 PM »
Do well and.....rest, rest, rest.

Anna

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 04:46:23 PM »
It sounds like you are doing well! I'm only 2 1/2 weeks post op and I notice improvements every single day. That's what will keep you going through your recovery! I hope you have a good, speedy recovery.

Anna
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Staggerwing

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »
Way to keep a positive attitude and keep forging ahead!  Sounds like you have the right mind st. 
LBHR, Dr. Brooks, Euclid, Ohio,  11/8/13

Charvel101

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 08:23:41 AM »
It sounds like you are doing well! I'm only 2 1/2 weeks post op and I notice improvements every single day. That's what will keep you going through your recovery! I hope you have a good, speedy recovery.

Anna

Thanks Anna hope you  do too keep leading the way it helps knowing your not alone , great site for that .... Well done

oldsoccerplayer

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 10:33:49 AM »
I was on Meloxicam for 30 days post-op that I just finished last night. I think that was the cause of my light-headedness and fatigue. I'm hoping it will improve over the next few days.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

Charvel101

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 08:11:45 PM »
I was on Meloxicam for 30 days post-op that I just finished last night. I think that was the cause of my light-headedness and fatigue. I'm hoping it will improve over the next few days.

The pain killers are as much of a problem as the op I guess ,, good look how's 30 days feel ?

Chris

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat