+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 weeks post op and suddenly have groin pain  (Read 7369 times)

John P

2 weeks post op and suddenly have groin pain
« on: June 20, 2008, 08:17:13 PM »
Hi,

I know i am still in the very early days of recovery from my right BHR. I had surgery on June 5th. I have seen great progress over the past 2 weeks and have found myself able to do many things. Walking hasn't been a problem at all and I can walk with one crutch around the house. I have been very sensible with my excercises and walking and most of my swelling is generally gone.The scar is also healing nicely

Yesterday I suddenly started to get some darting pain in my groin area. It is really very uncomfortable.This pain also hurts me now when I try to walk. As you can imagion I have all sort of thoughts going through my head. I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has experienced this. Is this normal? How long could this groin pain last for?

Hope you can Help.

John P

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 2 weeks post op and suddenly have groin pain
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »
Hi John

Congratulations on your new hip.

You are early in recovery and sometimes just doing a little too much can cause pain or problems.  Groin pain is a common complaint.  It is often from muscle problems.  I have collected a group of stories from people with groin pain.  Some people had it for months to years while others only had it for awhile after surgery.  Here is the page http://www.surfacehippy.info/groinpain.php

Early on, any time you start to hurt, you have most likely done too much.  Take it easy for a day or so.  My doctor always said - listen to your body. 

If you get too concerned - give your doctor a call. 

If you had a femur neck fracture of loose acetabular cup - it would really, really hurt.  A terrible, won't go away pain.  So I would not be too worried about the terrible things that are running thru your head.

It is early on - so take it easy.  If it hurts  - don't do it or do less.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

John P

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 06:39:09 AM »
Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply to my post. I am going to ease off on the excercise for a few days and see if that makes any difference.
I am sure you are right and it is a muscule problem. Its just that the past two weeks have been so positive and the progress has been so good. It does knock you back a bit when some pain returns.
I will keep u posted.

John P

John P

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 12:51:10 PM »

Hi Pat,

Just some feed back, you were 100% correct Pat, the problem pain in my groin was muscular
For the benifit of anyone who has had simular Groin pain post op, I slowed down the amount of excercises I was carrying out daily and rested a lot more.Within 3 days the groin pain to my relief has gone. I am now a lot more mobile  and walking on one crutch.
What a relief. I have now very quickly learned not to push to hard and things are starting to come good. I am now 18 days post op and feeling really great.

John P

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 05:18:23 PM »
Hi John

I am glad your groin pain is gone.  Everyone gets really pumped after surgery. They read the great stories of fast recoveries and just want to barge ahead.   Sometimes you just have to take it easy and let the body dictate the healing rate.  I know it is difficult since you got your hip fixed and you want to get on with life, but you can't force your body.

I hope everything continues to go well for you.  4 or 6 months from now, you will hardly be able to remember all this post of recovery stuff.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

jpl5036608

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 12:20:20 AM »
I was great for 4 months post-op; now i have taht catching sensation at times that must be the same pain as yours.  I figure I overdid it, walking miles a day and shocking the pool.  I am worried that I could have an impingement...Do you feel that way too?

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat