+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Surgery with Dr. Gross Wed.  (Read 2157 times)

JeanM

Surgery with Dr. Gross Wed.
« on: August 24, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »
Hey All,
I fly out tomorrow for my surgery with Dr. Gross on Wednesday.  I'm so ready to get this done and see what life is like on the other side of this surgery!  I went for my final mountain bike ride of the season yesterday and it was a grueling ordeal without having had any pain meds or anti-inflammatories due to my pending surgery.

Chuck, Thanks for posting your experience with the surgery!  It came at the perfect time for me.  I'll try to do the same for those coming along behind me as well.

ObxPelican, Did you get the uncemented device?  How close to 6 mos are you?

Any last words of advice?

Jeanie
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/8-27-08

Big Bill

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 04:10:38 PM »
Jean... Best of luck ....my day before was July 8th.  After coming home it will take a few days to get things "right " for you . You will see improvement every day. Take your time and remember the word MODERATION  ::)....there is tons of useful info on this forum. Looks like you did your homework and have found a great surgeon! You will be a hippy soon!

Big Bill  C.A.S.H.   Cormet Anterior Surface Hippy    8)   7/9/08   

obxpelican

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »
Jean,

My only advice, don't worry you are in really good hands.  You will be treated like a queen and it's not as bad as you would think.  Tell Lynn the nurse I said hi.  You will really like the people at the hospital and Dr. Gross's staff will really show you what southern hospitality really is.

Please post your experience.

BTW-- I forgot to post my date of surgery-- see below I am far away from being a 6 monther.  I did the uncemented biomet.

Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Hey All,
I fly out tomorrow for my surgery with Dr. Gross on Wednesday.  I'm so ready to get this done and see what life is like on the other side of this surgery!  I went for my final mountain bike ride of the season yesterday and it was a grueling ordeal without having had any pain meds or anti-inflammatories due to my pending surgery.

Chuck, Thanks for posting your experience with the surgery!  It came at the perfect time for me.  I'll try to do the same for those coming along behind me as well.

ObxPelican, Did you get the uncemented device?  How close to 6 mos are you?

Any last words of advice?

Jeanie

Chuck
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Surgery with Dr. Gross Wed.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 06:04:35 PM »
Hi Jeanie

I want to wish you Good Luck with your upcoming surgery.  You will soon be an official Surface Hippy and out of pain.

Dr. Gross has a lot of happy patients - I am sure you will be another.

I gave you your own topic - you deserve it!

Take it easy and we will wait to hear from you when you have a new hip!

I wish you the best!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

CITY2SOUTH

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 07:04:44 PM »
Jeanie,

Good Luck. I had my surgery  9 wks ago and feel great now. They will treat you like gold at Providence and Lee and Dr.G are awesome. Joe (PT) is such a cutie I wanted to stay longer..Enjoy you staircase walk with him anchored onto you.

Lisa
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/6-23-08
Lisa Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/ 6-23-08

obxpelican

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 07:24:35 PM »
Lisa----I enjoyed my walk on the staircase with him too  ;-)  But in a manly way  ;-)

Anyhow, good luck to you Jeanie I wish you a speedy recovery.  You'll see we're right about Dr. Gross and his crew they are really good to deal with.

Chuck
 ;)

Jeanie,

Good Luck. I had my surgery  9 wks ago and feel great now. They will treat you like gold at Providence and Lee and Dr.G are awesome. Joe (PT) is such a cutie I wanted to stay longer..Enjoy you staircase walk with him anchored onto you.

Lisa
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/6-23-08
Chuck
8-6-08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat