+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Marshfield Clinic Doctors, Wisconsin  (Read 4352 times)

MRoberts

Marshfield Clinic Doctors, Wisconsin
« on: August 26, 2008, 11:07:13 AM »
Nothing is ever EASY!!!!!!

Ok I had a initial review done by my insurance company to see if I could see Dr. Rogerson as he appears to be the premier expert in Wisconsin, and all the reports here were very positive.

DENIED!!!!!!!

Insurance gave me two “IN PLAN” optioins.  Dr. Simenstad at Marshfield Clinic in Marshfield, 30 hip resurfacings.

And Dr. Mark Earll at Marshfield Clinic, Weston Center, near Wausau, 40 hip resurfacings.

Apparently both said my height 6'4" would not be an issue and felt they were significantly experienced to perform my surgery, at least that's what they told the reviewer without seeing my records.   

Anyone out here in Hippy land have any info on these doctors.  The decision was getting much easier as I researched Dr. Rogerson.

ARRRG!  This is so frustrating. 

I still can appeal, but before I do that I will have to have all my duck in a row from my Othopedic and from Dr. Rogerson. 

In the mean time I better find out as much as possible about the above two doctors.  I don't even know what devices they use or how long ago they were trained.  So now I have to make appointments and meet them and waste time and energy, and probably money, but it's good the insurance company is keeping me "In Plan"  I do understand I should not complain, as many on this site seem to have not been covered at all, so forgive my frustration, as I can only imagine that.   

Thanks

Mike

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:11:14 PM by MRoberts »
Mike

Right BHR on 12-19-08
OS:  Dr. James R Dyreby, Jr., Northland Orthopedic Associates, Rhinelander, Wisconsin

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Marshfield Clinic Doctors, Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 11:56:22 AM »
Hi Mike

If it were me I certianly would prefer Dr. Rogerson since he has much more experinece.

Maybe you can fight with the insurance company.  I have several medical studies indicating that 50 - 100 are needed. Dr. Bose recent video indicates 200+ are needed to be experienced.

If you can't get your insurance company to let you use Dr. Rogerson, I would consider Dr. Bose in India.  You can do that for $10,000 to $12,000    He has done over 1100 hip resurfacings and is one of the best in the world.

A lot depends on how you feel about it.  I certainly would try to get real stats about the doctors and how many revisions, femur neck fractures or loose cups they have had so far.  It is in the early resurfacings when they have their problems.

I would also find out what hip device they use. 

You might have a long fight on your hands if you don't feel that either of the newer doctors will be acceptable.  Again, it is up to how you feel.  You are getting the surgery.

Pat
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:07:16 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

MRoberts

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 12:17:38 PM »
Thanks for the quick response.

In the first post in the sixth paragraph, I meant (…without seeing my records) I have since changed it.

But anyway what I plan to do is put together my records and send them to the two Doctors approved by the insurance company with a list of questions derived from your list of questions on this topic and in your info sections.  And also to Dr. Rogerson for his initial free consultation and also ask him for help in the appeal process, if that’s what needs to be done. 

I will read through the studies and start building a file.

Thank you!!!!

Mike
Mike

Right BHR on 12-19-08
OS:  Dr. James R Dyreby, Jr., Northland Orthopedic Associates, Rhinelander, Wisconsin

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 01:22:06 PM »
Hi Mike

Good idea about asking for help from Dr. Rogerson.  His office might know more about trying to get insurance approved.  I hadn't thought of that.

I wish you the best of luck. 

Keep in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat