+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Nerve pain--glut-hamstring area 3 weeks post op  (Read 3437 times)

Buddy

Nerve pain--glut-hamstring area 3 weeks post op
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:05:35 PM »
Buddy Levy here, from Moscow, Idaho. I'm three weeks post op and generally, things are going great. Have transitioned to cane, the hip joint feels excellent, and there is only moderate discomfort at the incision--pretty normal I think. Even feels like I'm healing faster than the previous hip.

Except--this one odd problem I'm having which is located on the recent surgery side (left) and is in my low glut high hamstring area--in the back of my leg pretty much where the glut meets the hamstring. The skin feels dead, numb, and when pressure is applied (certain sitting positions, or direct contact of some sort) there is a sharp, deep, almost electrical pain back there. It's tingly and numbish, but if I press my fingers in there it feels like a deep, deep charley horse or something.

I first noticed this a few days after surgery, when getting into a car and pressing back against the car seat with my butt. But that was so soon after surgery I did not think much of it. Now, at three weeks, I'm concerned because it does not seem to be going away.

Any ideas what this might be? Feels like nerve damage or something.

Best,

Buddy

bernsber

Re: Nerve pain--glut-hamstring area 3 weeks post op
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 04:45:25 PM »
Hey,

Moscow is a beautiful place say Hi to Nate and Heather Wilson for me, if you know them!

Ben
Dr. Su LBHR 9-11-08
RBHR 12-5-08

Buddy

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 01:51:02 AM »
Ben: If I run into them, I'll say hi. How's your bilateral going? You back to doing what you used to yet?

As for my nerve condition, I got an email back from my surgeon today and he says that yes, it is nerve related, sometimes happens, and "will resolve, but may take a few months." So that's comforting!

best,

Buddy

blmjumper

• Hope is not a strategy
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 11:20:26 AM »
Buddy...who did your surgery? I'm down here in Boise and am having mine on the 1st of December with Dr. Menzner at Boise Ortho...did you have your surgery done down here?

blmjumper

• Hope is not a strategy
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 11:22:32 AM »
I should have read your other post first about surgery in Seattle....hope the recovery goes well.

bernsber

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 05:34:02 PM »
Ben: If I run into them, I'll say hi. How's your bilateral going? You back to doing what you used to yet?

As for my nerve condition, I got an email back from my surgeon today and he says that yes, it is nerve related, sometimes happens, and "will resolve, but may take a few months." So that's comforting!

best,

Buddy

Buddy,

I'm 1 1/2 months postop on the left, and 1 1/2 months preop on the right, so I'm kinda in the middle of things here! :D The right is still bone on bone, so it stops me up a bit. I'm feeling well but it is interesting to see how my left side feels from day to day. Now the muscles spasm a little bit when I yawn. They were mostly numb until two weeks postop, and then began to tingle and wake up. I don't worry about every ache and tingle, but just take it in stride. Or in a 'limping' stride that is! :D

Ben

stevel

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 01:16:14 AM »
Hi Buddy,

I reminisce about Moscow, Idaho since I graduated from Univ of Idaho in Dec, 1976 and haven't been back since.  Love the smell of harvested wheat.  Now I smell salt air in Juneau, Alaska.  I'm three weeks post-op LBHR Dr Su on 9/29/08 and doing great.  I rode the exercise bike 22 minutes the last couple of days.  Hope your nerve problem resolves.
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat