+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Perthes  (Read 2012 times)

DAN

Perthes
« on: October 26, 2008, 12:43:53 PM »
Hello again Pat this is Dan again i hope you remember me i am the fellow that has perthes i've given supplements a try but unfortunatly its not working i'm going to get a second opinion here in Calgary i'm going to see Dr jason Weerly, he does resurfacings, my co worker has had it done, he is a young doctor, my hip is causing me lower back pain and i have pain in my left foot, my doctor says i have osteoarthritis of the left foot, as you know my right hip and leg are shorter so it probably has done damage to my left foot, the doctor said that my body mechanics are off, did you have any other problems that you hip caused you before surgery, i'm only 36 i want to go back to hockey and other things that young people do, my wife is due here anytime so i'm concerned about surgery and not being able to help, i'm in a difficult postion i need surgery so i can walk through a mall without complaning in about 15 minutes of walking LOL. I hope once i get my new hip that my symptons with my foot will go away, i baught orthodics for my heel pain and it has helped alot my foot pain is to the minimum, i always had pain there even in my late teens but it went away, this time it suck around fr 4 months or so especially with this carppy hip

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Perthes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 10:06:29 PM »
Hi Dan

Sorry to be so slow in posting an answer to you.

Many people have associated back, knee and opposite hip problems when they have a bad hip.  You body is not balanced properly when you are trying to limp along with a painful hip.  Many people find their knee and back problems get better in time after surgery.  It is not magic and does not happen overnight since it took many months to years to get so out of wack.

It might take some extra PT to get your body back to normal after recovery.  You might need some patience during your recovery.

I am sure you have seen the stories on the website about guys that return to playing hockey.  http://www.surfacehippy.info/tom807.php

Lets hope you get your resurfacing done and back to walking at least with crutches before your wife has the baby.  Once you get a week or two post op, you do feel much better.  I was able to be walking about 1 mile a day by 12 days post op with one crutch. 

Be glad you doctor understands that your body mechanics are off and hopefully he plans to place the hip device so it gets your body back to working properly.

Good Luck.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Shawn in Northern Ca.

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 06:46:48 PM »
Hey Dan,

Shawn in Northern Ca.

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 06:49:06 PM »
Dan- I saw your post and thought I would shoot you a reply.  I had perthes as a child and it affected me the same way you have had problems.  I am now 38 and just 5 days ago I had my hip resurfaced so i have plenty of time on my hands if you would like some info you can email me back at mdavery@charter.net.

DAN

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 09:11:09 PM »
Thanks for the advice i'm glad in a way that what i'm feeling with my back and feet are not my imagination, my second opinion unfortunatly will be coming here within the next month ,but my wife is due tomorrow actually so my chances of getting it done before  she has baby number two are pretty small, very funny actually, i think its gods way to get me to build more chararcter or something ha ha!!!. It's kind of weird but my right hip pain doesn't even come close to the back pain and arch pain that i have, but it's time to get the resurfacing, one of my friends who is not even 30 had it done his experience was great, his doctor turned out to be the same that gave me that first opinion on gettting a total hip replacement, my only downfall is that my hip is wide and flat so i hope that Dr. Weelry will share my same enthusiasm about not getting a THR. I will keep you posted though, when i talked to Dr. bose he said in his e mail that it was imperative that i keep bone stock beceause of my age, and i share that same principle!!!!!!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat