+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: popping  (Read 2129 times)

cindy26

popping
« on: November 23, 2008, 08:40:35 AM »
Does anybodies hip pop everytime they sit down.  Well everytime I am sitting and go to move my leg it feels almost like my hip pops out of place and it has to pop again or I feel that I can't move it.  I don't what it is but it brings tears to my eyes.  Could it be popping agaist the osteopytes or something.  I don't know but it really hurts.

obxpelican

Re: popping
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 11:17:12 AM »
Cindy,

Advanced arthritis (end stage) will cause bone spurs that can severely limit your ROM.  I had that clicking, majorly and it was the strangest feeling that I have ever had.  That clicking/popping told me that indeed I needed a hip.  I really had no need to get an x-ray to know that I needed hip surgery.

Have a happy turkey day.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

stevel

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 03:14:48 PM »
Cindy,

I would have your Dr. take x-rays.  It could be your femoral head has slipped some more and has become unstable.  I read about your condition at www.eorthopod.com.  Since they use screws to secure the slipped portion of your femoral head, I would think a hip resurfacing is not feasible unless it can acccommodate the screws in your femoral head, although I am not a Dr.  Check out the Totally Hip website listed on www.activejoints.com.  This is an active web board for patients having THR's.
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

wayne-0

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
Hey Cindy,
I work construction and before my surgery my hip poped and clicked all the time.I could just stand straight up and move my leg an inch and it would click. I could move my leg back and forth and it would click every time.As far as sitting down it wouldn't click,but when I stood up it took awhile for me to straighten my leg out cause it would get locked into the bent position,as soon as I got it straightened out it would click.Good luck and stay strong.

Wayne-0 
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Tarhoo2

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 06:48:42 PM »
Cindy,

Before I had my BHR's done, my hips -- especially my right hip -- would seem to slip out slightly and lock up on me.  I would have to work the hip back into place before I could stand up.  Have not had any probelms with that since my BHR's, thankfully.

Jim

cindy26

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 09:58:07 PM »
Thats exactly how it feels.  It feels like it locked up and has to unlock before I can move it again.  It hurts bad when it does that to. 

Barbara

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 12:22:18 AM »
Cindy,
 I also had this problem prior to surgery on my right hip and am still having it on my left hip (surgery scheduled in 2 weeks for that hip). The Dr told me it was because my hip was going into subluxation. My problem was dysplasia. It was exactly as you describe. When I changed position or stood from a sitting position it would pop out of place and the pain was severe. It had to Clunk back into place before I could weight bear and then the pain would go away.
Thankfully since my surgery 6 weeks ago my right hip feels great with a much improved range of motion. I hope you get your problem sorted out soon and wish you all the bst for your surgery and recovery.
Barbara
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

cindy26

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 09:51:09 PM »
Thanks Barbara,

Thats definately the way I feel too.  I can't wait until surgery.  I have 42 days left and I would love it to be sooner but thats the only way I can work things out with my family.  I have to wait until my husband gets vacation.  I have issues in both of my hips but my right is terrible.  I am taking two diffenent pain meds everyday.  One is an extended release and the other is for breakthrough and by 3pm I barely can walk.  If it wasn't for all of the time off from work around the holidays, I probably couldn't make it.  I only have one more day of work this week and after the 2nd week of December I have all of my preop stuff and my other opinion.  One last opinion never hurts.  I have don't think what I have is dysplasia but it is similar because its due to a slipped head and neck when I was a child.  It just really scares me because I am only 26 and I will have mutiple of these to go through in my lifetime. 

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat