25 (17%)
4 Days
18 (12.2%)
5 + Days
16 (10.9%)
Less than 1 Day
6 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 144

Author Topic: How Long did you Stay in the Hospital Poll  (Read 20614 times)

Kiwi

Re: How Long did you Stay in the Hospital Poll
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 10:49:49 PM »
In Tues night (operated on Wed) - out Sat morning. All part of the 'out of town' service provided by Dr. Blackley's team here in NZ. By leaving hospital in the weekend, transport logistics - flying home, pick up etc was more convenient for us.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:52:15 PM by Kiwi »
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 11:15:55 AM »
In Monday night surgery Tuesday morning. Left Hospital Saturday morning. Physio said there was no reason I could not leave Thursday, but nurse said they don't like to let you go unless the wound is dry. Mine was still weeping a bit. it still was a little on saturday to be honest.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

rubyred

• Never Give Up
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 06:40:32 AM »
Surgery Thursday morning, left Wednesday afternoon. From what I understand that's longer than most patients get, though I felt I was still struggling with certain aspects. Particularly the stairs as I needed more help when I got home.
LBHR - 9th August 2012 - Mr R. Treacy

Welcome back to life.

somegypsy

• Hip Resurfacing with De Smet, 09 July 2013
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 10:11:29 AM »
Surgery with Dr Koen De Smet, Anca Clinic, Gent, Belgium
Arrived at hospital 0700 on Tuesday
Surgery 1600 Tuesday
Released Friday morning....could have left Thursday but was really sick on Wednesday. Drugs and I never get along.
Post surgery care for 5 days at hotel in Gent - daily visit of nurse and physiotherapist. Nurse changed dressing, administered shots, daily exercises with physio. Great program.
One week post op...can't blv the difference

oldsoccerplayer

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 10:49:23 PM »
Was scheduled to stay one day but ended up with an extra day because my bladder didn't wake up from the anesthesia and might have exploded without a catheter. Not fun but I survived.
BioMet Left Hip Resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 07/2013

Glenn Urban

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 11:15:17 PM »
I am thinking another category to select from could be included here. "Less than a day" perhaps. My operation was done in the morning, and I left the hospital around 6:00 pm the same day. No overnight. I was more than happy to not spend the night in the hospital, and I think my insurance company loved it as well.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:15:48 PM by Glenn Urban »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 12:04:37 PM »
I added a less than 1 day category.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Good Luck.  Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

karlos.bell

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 07:38:35 AM »
 8) Bilateral 5 days.  :o
Dr Koen De Smet 29-April-2015 Conserve Plus - HR Left  48mm - HR Right 50mm.
FAI hip surgery failure right side 2011- FAI  right and left failure 2013.

claudia

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 09:05:46 PM »
I had hip resurfacing with Dr Gross as an outpatient.  Personally, in my situation, if I had it to do over again - I'd op for a hospital stay.  I was in way too much pain and we ended up having to stay at the hotel longer anyway. 

Dr Gross, Right hip, 3/21/18

karlos.bell

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2018, 08:04:55 AM »
 :) 6 days but that was bilateral
Dr Koen De Smet 29-April-2015 Conserve Plus - HR Left  48mm - HR Right 50mm.
FAI hip surgery failure right side 2011- FAI  right and left failure 2013.

ScaredyKat

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 03:46:45 PM »
I went in at 9 am and left at 3pm. I had a rt hip resurfacing 8 days ago with Dr. Pritchett in Seattle. I had the spinal block and mild sedation option, so my recovery was quick and pretty easy. We stayed close by in a hotel that night, and left for home the day after - 3 hour drive.

About The Hip Talk Discussion Group

The opinions expressed on Hip Talk belong to each individual member. Patricia Walter is the Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy. She is not a doctor or medically trained. She provides information about hip resurfacing and expresses her opinion about many hip resurfacing topics. She does not provide medical advice since only a qualified hip resurfacing surgeon can provide a patient with medical advice.

Hip Talk Moderation

Authority

The Hip Talk Discussion Group or forum is moderated on a Daily basis. The moderator and administrator is Patricia Walter. The moderator and forum members are not regarded as health professionals.

Complementarity

The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health professionals.

Privacy

We remind you that any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all. You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderators to do so. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.

The moderator and members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.

By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc.) whenever it is relevant and possible.

You are not allowed to post advertisements, whether in the form of text links or banners, for example.

The moderator reserve the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the moderator reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.